ZMA

HJK

Does anyone know about or have experience with ZMA? It is an anabolic mineral supplament that a lot of people seem to rave about.

Useful stuff or overrated?

Also, I intend to lift weights to lose weight right now and not to build a lot of mass. ZMA is supposed promote testosterone production, which aids in muscle building. Is something like ZMA worth taking even though my primary goal is not mass building? Will it help me maintain muscle mass while I try to cut weight?

DEFICIENCY of zinc/mag can result in a lowered testosterone, adding additional zinc/mag to an already sufficient level in the body will not raise it (or at least available research does not support that thought)

Some state that it helps with sleep, but magnesium by itself may do that

And don't buy some over priced ZMA product if you want to try it. Buy a bottle of Zinc and a bottle of Mag.

I've been taking Zinc, Magnesium, and B vitamins (ZMA) every night for years. I swear it helps raise energy levels and testosterone. Also in the winter months I add Cod Liver Oil (vitamin A & D) to the mix and it takes away the winter hibernation tendencies. Cod Liver Oil needs to be taken in pill form though, the liquid tastes soooo bad you won't be able to keep it down. The vitamin D is what you normally get in the sun. It seems to help with energy and hormone levels also.

Back