Eat protein and carbs together or seperate?

Ruhl

Bryan says in the FAQ to leave carbs out of the pre and post workout protein meals if fat loss is desired. Should this rule apply for the rest of the day's meals as well if fat loss is desired?

if he didn't say so, he probably didn't mean every meal. the state the body is in/about to be in in the pre/post WO meals made him say that. I don't want to speak for bryan, but that's what i'd guess.

Leaving carbs out of the pre and post workout meals is an oxymoron. These are the times of the day that it is mandatory to use carbohydrates, even if you are on a low carbohydrate diet. Be liberal with carbohydrates at this time. You can eat as many as 100 grams before and 100 grams after. Trust me, it is in the name of muscle mass, so it is well worth it. Read the book "nutrient timing" if you want to see just how potent carbohydrates are during these times.

Then the rest of the day, yea, don't have a thing to do with any carbohydrates. They won't be needed at all. Protein and fat the rest of the day.

What I just described is a targeted ketogenic diet. Look that up as well.

Kyleman,
I read Nutrient timing yesterday. It was a decent read, but I got the same information from Bryan's articles. Must admit that I did not notice the maltodextrin and dextrose in the sample diet until I read the book.
Thanks

Back