Personal Diet

TylerDurden

As with the training post, if everyone could post what they eat, when etc. Even for cutting and bulking. The best advice for people is usually seeing what the others do so post away!

Nice and simple.

Bulking 16xbodyweight (lbs) as starting point (i do ~ 17.5 usually)
Cutting 10-12xbodyweight (lbs) as starting point

These are just starting points. Adjust total caloric intake until you are seeing the results you want. Don't add too many calories or you'll put on unneccessary fat, and if you cut them too low you'll lose too much muscle.

1g/lb in protein
~25% calories from fats (try to get in healthier fats)
rest of calories from carbs

I usually eat around 2900 calories or so for maintenance. For my next cycle, I'm bulking and working around 12 times a week, so I'm going to be trying to get about 3500 calories a day. 25% fat, 25% protein and 50% carbs. Mind you, I have a stereotypical ecto-metabolism and I'm extremely active where I work, on my feet all day, often lifting heavy things, running around a lot, etc, so my calorie requirements are kind of insane.

Typical foods I eat are oatmeal, plain yogurt, tuna, chicken, beef, pastas, etc.

I've never cut before, so I'm not sure what sort of diet I would follow for that. I'd probably just eat at maintenance and do high frequency HST, along with some cardio. I have a hard time keeping fat on my body anyway, so hopefully that would work.

My diet usually consist of
egg whites and maybe 1 yolk for 5 whites
chicken breasts....lots of those (some would say I am a breastman LOL)
lean steak
oatmeal
shredded wheat ceral
skim milk...occasionally 1%
sweet potatoes
spinach
tuna
100% whole wheat bread
protein power either mixed with milk, or in my oatmeal
beans beans beans...any kind....pinto,kidney,green,black
You pro's tell me if I am eating like i should. i basicly want to shed some BF and get cut up a little.
All this BF is BS. I at about 21-23% BF. That is way too much.

I'm addicted to fruits. Nearly most of my carbs come from them. I love coconut water for during workouts, and latley, i drink the coconut water any time!

As for protein, raw eggs are my specialty. Fat, HBV proteins and micronutrients and antioxidants... anabolism packed into a shell! I ideally, have about a dozen a day in my fruit shakes. I also put whey powder into these shakes. I also get this brick of high protein tofu (80g a brick) from Leasa.

Fats come from the eggs, and all nut/seed products. Any nuts and seeds I love, and especially their oils (like flax oil).

I don't touch many foods past this. Most other stuff makes me sick. And BTW, I don't eat meat either. This way of eating (along with HST) works very well for me. I seem to have this new cleft in the middle of my 3 deltoids...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ July 08 2005,7:13)]I HATE FISH! :mad:
I don't think I put it in my post, but i do eat a lot of fish. Mostly talapia. I grill it. I can't stand any kind of fried fish......I guess thats a good thing though right? :)

Back