Bulking during 10's only

Mindwraith

Thinking about how much progress I seem to make during 10's when I'm bulking for a whole cycle. If I make more gains during that time then wouldn't it be best to restrict bulking to 10's only and cut the rest of the time? You'd think this would be the best way to reduce any fat gain and get the most out of a bulk. I was thinking I'd start raising my cals to maint. during the 2nd week of 15's and then over maint. during the 10's, then back to cutting levels during 5's and SD and the first week of 15's.

I don't think it's a good idea to cut during SD, as you're not applying a growth stimulus during that period, hence you're body is more likely to drop lbm in the absense of sufficient calories.

I haven't tried cutting during SD before, so I don't know this from experience, just from reading up. So if you've tried this before and it worked fine for ya, then disregard me ay :)

Heheh, nope, doesn't cause anymore muscle loss than at any other time during cutting. SD one week or two isn't long enough to be a big deal from what I've noticed. Although I tend to stay closer to my mantainence level around that time period, maybe 300 under instead of 800.

No prob, I'll be doing it exactly as I put it above as soon as my next cycle starts. Enjoying a nice 2 week SD at the moment.

The problem is that once you have a number of cycles under your belt even after 2 weeks sd 15s are to be considered more or less another 2 week sd. With your plan you diet for about 4 weeks (2 sd +2 15s) almost without the the training stimulus (i.e. significant microtrauma) which puts the lbm loss risk a bit too high imho.

another point is that you will need to eat more above maintenance during the 10's to get the same result then when bulking all the time, so you will be more likely to put on fat I guess (of course it depends - as you mentioned you have the best results during 10's)

I mean, in the end everybody is different so a closer look on your nutrition/workout schedule would be appreciated...if you could give some exact numbers about how much you eat, when, what etc... and the results...

Back