Need 2 week diet plan (upcoming show)

Nixter

Hi guys,

So I got ropped into doing a male beachwear fashion show in 2 weeks and I'm looking for some diet tips in order to maximize fat loss but not lose too much mass either if possible. I'm quite tall at 6'4 and fairly lean relative to bodybuilding (202lbs). I can't simply do a calorie defecit because on my frame it just causes me to get skinny. I'm looking for something a little more specific.
What do you think? SHould I try to keep my calories the same but cut out almost all carbs for a couple weeks?

Also, in the 24-28 hours b4 the show is there anything I should do as well? Avoid sodium, drink lots of water, etc?
Thanks guys,

I'm also looking for training advise to maximize volume/minimize fat in the next 2 weeks but I'll post that in the training area.

Nix

You won't be able to store significant amounts of body fat when you lower your carbohydrates. Also, body fat will become more accessible when you lower them as well. Yes, you were right about that, you'l need to lower your carbs. BUT, your brain is going to get a little pissed off at you after a while (since it wants glucose 24/7) so keep that in mind. I would suggest a little low glycemic fruit @ most so your cutting up isn't to miserable. lol

I don't have anything to tell you about immediatley before the contest, like sodium for instance. I've never had to do anything like that before.

As for training, keep using weights. It just rocket fires the your metabolism every time you do it, so it will help keep you lean. Your training may take a bit of a dive because of your carbohydrate intake, but you should be able to hold up as long as its not for months.

I have nothing to say about cardio. It's never worked for my body type so you should ask someone else about reccomendations for cardio and cutting up.

-Kyle

You unfortunately really won't be able to make any significant changes in only 2 weeks, but you can still harden up a bit. If you have been maintaining your weight for at least some time, just try adding in some cardio 3-5 times a week. (Cardio results have nothing to do with bodytype.) You may want to think about carb restriction your last week before the shoot, and then do a carb load the day before the shoot to be looking at your fullest. Not a lot can be done with such short notice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kyleman1 @ July 13 2005,1:29)]You won't be able to store significant amounts of body fat when you lower your carbohydrates.
Wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, body fat will become more accessible when you lower them as well.
Depends, but mostly wrong

Back