total cals can i just eat whenever ?

thedon

keebler and someone else said you don't need to spead your meals over 6 sessions etc it's just total cals(apart from post and pre workout which need to be a specific amount).
Can i just eat whenever and write it down on my notepad carbs fat and protein then like 5 hours before bed i can just eat whatever i have to eat left over. cause sometimes during the day you just can't get a meal etc

Whats the most protein carbs and fat that can be taken in on one meal ? i do breakfeast 2.5 hr later pre workout shake then workout , Is 14g egg yolk fat 10g flax 10g fish oil ok for breakfeast or is best to have the fats after your workout ?

I could stick with total cals better then the 6 meals per day cause i snack on food too i snack on milk alot also so if i just add total cals i'd have an easier time with bulking :)

Nah it simplifys it for me as i don't have to eat a specific amount at a specific time each time and can just eat whenever and wouldn't need to prepare many meals all day long .
It takes like 5 seconds to right it on a notepad
MY current eating scheme is failing me this would be much better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedon @ Feb. 04 2003,6:49)]So whats the most protein carbs and fat i can take in one meal ?
however much you can stuff your stomach with ;)
tounge.gif

i guess as long as you get your caloric and macronutrient needs met, it won't matter too much.

with gaining mass however, i'm pretty sure the "warrior diet" method discussed in the other thread would NOT be an optimal or desireable way to go about it.

dieting/maintenance on the other hand... i'm still waiting to see if someone can post a scientific rebuttal AND/OR affirmation of the claims behind the "warrior" method.

what does this have to do with the warrior diet ? i eat when i get hungrey i have pre /post workout you'd have to be stupid to miss those meals i eat 1-1.5 hours after a workout i drink milk through out the day i have protein shakes (yum) cause they taste so good :)
i have dinner i have pre bed meal.
I just say if i'm busy and can't get a meal ill skip it and within the last few hours of the night eat whatever i need to reach my total cals so it won't matter to much if i miss meals or shakes if im busy thats what i wanna do , but also i'd like to eat more during my main meal(s) breakfeast the more i eat at one meal the less i need in the others and i won't need to eat my specific amount say 50g carbs 50g protein and 10g fat if i feel like eating 100g carbs and 30g fat because i feel like more whole eggs, i can just eat it, write it down and eat whatever i want next meal. Only specific meal would be pre/post workout then 3-5 hours before bed i check how many cals i have left to eat and i use them for dinner and bedtime meal..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedon @ Feb. 04 2003,8:28)]what does this have to do with the warrior diet ? i eat when i get hungrey i have pre /post workout you'd have to be stupid to miss those meals
sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, if you feel i'm doing so. the other thread/poll was discussing the partitioning of meals throughout the day, and the warrior diet got brought up. since this thread is related, i decided to mention it. btw, the warrior diet supposedly accounts for pre-post-WO nutrition as well, so i don't think it actually says not to have any nutrition surrounding your WO. that probably would be pretty stupid.
laugh.gif

the question of max carbs protein and fat per meal hasn't been answered.
my total cals is 18x bw(non w/o days) and 20x on workout days
3000 and 3400 cals
30%protein
40%carbs
30%fat

i've decided to change it from
but i read 30% fat helps test levels so i'll up the fat and down the protein or do you think i should down the carbs instead. i put on fat from carb pretty easily an my activity level is the equiv to lieing in a hospital bed :) :)

The question of "max" protein and carbs is individual and depends on so many factors that no one can comfortably answer it. At the end of the day it is total calories that count - although spreading meals out evenly make more sense than a "Warrior" type approach.

Again, you are just overcomplicating things - going from 40/30/30 to 40/40/20 won't make the expected impact on your results. Remember that stress = cortisol, which is bad :D

missing a meal = stress me out bad...
therefore if i do eat whenever and whatever and just add it up no stress for missing meals :)
The diff in 10% protein less 85g protein and 10% fat is plus 42 fat.
I thought 350 protein on workout days was to high after reading your faq..

So whats the max protein carbs and fat i can have in one meal ?

Yes, but you're comparing surplus protein to surplus protein. Stay with the lower ratio, as 1g/lbs should be sufficient unless you're pharmacologically assisted.

The max protein, carbs and fat you could have in one meal would be that days total calories - e.g. 340g carbs, 255g of protein, and 110g of fat.
tounge.gif
Really, you're missing the point here...

But higher protein dosn't turn into fat right so eating extra can't harm me just my bank balance which i care nothing for as bodybuilding comes first. Also if i lower my protein i have to up my carbs right ? And as i said before apart from my 3 workouts i'm physicaly doing nothing so i need less carbs.See someone with a deskjob compared to somoene who lays bricks or build houses the carb need is going to be different right ?

What is the point i'm missing ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But higher protein dosn't turn into fat right so eating extra can't harm me just my bank balance which i care nothing for as bodybuilding comes first.

huh? yeah, the total calories is what matters, but i don't see your point?

if you're "bulking" and taking in 18xBW or more, the carbs give you quicker energy and are generally cheaper to boot. whereas cheap protein sources like meat and eggs will add more fat to your diet pretty quickly. i still really see no reason to have so much protein even when on a gaining diet. if you're really as inactive as you say you are, you should adjust your caloric needs accordingly - which again means you shouldn't be having so much protein. even when cutting and on keto, the 300+ grams of protein you originally stated seemed a bit out of whack... :confused:

i've changed to.
255 protein 380 carbs 106 fat .
I'm going to start light walking during 10's fast walk during 5's and jogging during negs to get me a bit cardio vascular fitter :)

whereas cheap protein sources like meat and eggs will add more fat to your diet pretty quickly.
most places say protein dosn't add fat , are you sure ?

Egg yolks in eggs...about 5g of fat. Meat has fat in it - even the leanest red meats have 1-3%. You knew that, didn't you? ;)
laugh.gif

Err according to your diet and nutrition faq where supposed to get 25-30% fat so what if meat and eggs have fat ? i'm talking about the protein + i get protein from tuna and protein shakes and pre post workout which = no fat.

In response to Keebler's "cheap protein sources like meat and eggs will add more fat to your diet pretty quickly" - your question was: "most places say protein dosn't add fat , are you sure ?"

And I basically said that - no, the protein doesn't necessarily add fat (via conversion to fat) - but the protein source may contain fat. Didn't say the fat was bad, just that your question seemed a little...weird. But I might have misinterpreted what your question was. Actually I still don't know what you're asking
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blade @ Feb. 11 2003,10:39)]In response to Keebler's "cheap protein sources like meat and eggs will add more fat to your diet pretty quickly" - your question was: "most places say protein dosn't add fat , are you sure ?"

Well I would like to take credit for that but this is my first post in this thread!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Actually I still don't know what you're asking
blush.gif

Im pretty sure the question is 'does excess calories from protein turn to body fat?'

I guess some experts think you can eat all the protein you want and not put on any fat because the unused protein will come out the other end or something. Doesn't sound right to me.

Back