Eating questions

adpowah

So hopefully this hasn't been covered in the eBook (I did a quick review to make sure it hadn't but I may have missed it), my concern is when sometimes a diet choice or digestion fight back. I think since we tax our digestive systems, some of these issues may be common but I haven't seen any discussion on them.

1. Caloric exodus (puking, diaherea, going too long between meals, etc): Sometimes our precious macros don't reach their full digestive cycle or we missed a regularly scheduled meal. Should they try and be replaced? What are some digestive recovery methods you use?
  2. Excessive caloric surplus (binging, miscalculating, caloric unknowns, etc): Exceeding a caloric goal, particularly on a cut. Should they be subtracted from subsequent the meal(s)? Make up over the week? Ignore? Add in some additional workouts with cardio/light weights or some similar solution?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. If I over-eat, intentional or not, I just forget about it and continue the next day as per. Its all about long-term. You wont gain or lose masses of fat in one day.

I would go with what gbglifter said for both scenarios. If you get sick or whatever, just keep going on. If you accidentally binge on a cut, just don't do it again. Long term.

I've though about those issues myself and decided that bodybuilding is just my hobby and I can't always be perfect with dieting all the time. Sickness and slip-ups happen and meals of unknown macros/calories will be consumed. Just do the best you can without turning your bodybuilding endeavor into a complete hassle. It seems there is a fine line sometimes.

Completely agree with BPM. Unless bodybuilding is your life-source and provides your means of primary income, don't be too hard on yourself. Remember, you do it because you love it. Once a hobby becomes more of a burden rather than a means of happiness, priorities may need to be re-analyzed. However, if strict, to-the-tee dieting makes you happy and gives you a sense of accomplishment, more power to you. I've done it both ways before. I agree with BPM, I think there is a happy medium that can and should be achieved

You can try IIFYM.com for some calculators.

Based on your stats 25yrs old, 5'7", at 137lbs and lifting 3 times (estimated) a week you want: 1825/2150/2360 for cut/maintenance/bulk.

You can try IIFYM.com for some calculators.

Based on your stats 25yrs old, 5'7", at 137lbs and lifting 3 times (estimated) a week you want: 1825/2150/2360 for cut/maintenance/bulk.

I don't overly concern myself with calories, but focus more on carbs (and I'm on a cutting phase right now).
My macros are always heavy on protein, first and foremost, regardless if I'm bulking or cutting.
To that end, I'm also getting lots of (good) fats, olive/fish oils, meat fat (trim the beef!), nuts...
As I am not a pro and I do this for my own personal goals and fitness, there will be days that I fall right off the wagon! Lol
Once or twice a week won't set you back...
On a low carb diet, initial fat loss will be relatively easy and noticeable, but as we all know, the human body is incredibly adaptive. This is when I'll start cycling my carbs and add light cardio to keep the fat burning going.
You do not want to be extreme...1 to 2 Lbs a week loss is good, combined with heavy lifts to prevent your body from cannibalizing itself!
You'd be surprised at just how much weight in fat, even a relatively fit person will drop as you go...

Back