Hst Credit?

Drew Whitt

A close friend of mine suggested HST to me and I do trust his expertise and opinion. However, I'm sort of wondering that if this is such a good program and is so good for beginners like myself then why don't more people know of it and use it?

Granted I am only in my first week of doing 10s on my first cycle, so I know I cant expect to see many changes yet but I just am unsure if this is the best thing for me. Any advice or motivation? I can post pictures of my routine if requested.

Thanks in advance.

HST definitely works! As vain as this sounds, I am testimony to how well the program works. I share my story under the results thread. Just this week, I saw the Doc for a long overdue checkup and he asked if I were taking any "anabolics".

I understand that you may be skeptical as was I when I came across this program. My sister inlaw is a Physical Therapist and she obviously has a degree and works with muscles. After being on another program for years and getting injured, I happened to ask her how long a muscle needs for recovery and her words were "48 hours, according to research". When she told me this, I felt like an idiot and then felt angry at all these mainstream magazines that promote the general Weider split set up.

In the end, I just took HST on completely and did not second guess it. Fast forwarding to present day, I have had unreal results and all without any form of steroid consumption.

A close friend of mine suggested HST to me and I do trust his expertise and opinion. However, I'm sort of wondering that if this is such a good program and is so good for beginners like myself then why don't more people know of it and use it?

Granted I am only in my first week of doing 10s on my first cycle, so I know I cant expect to see many changes yet but I just am unsure if this is the best thing for me. Any advice or motivation? I can post pictures of my routine if requested.

Thanks in advance.

Fo somebody categorised as an absolute beginner, I would not recommend HST in it's vanilla form. A program of straight linear progression would be better. Simply put, for the first 3-6months of your lifting, you make progress no matter what, and will be able to continue adding weight to the bar.

Instead of 2 week blocks of 15,10,5,post-5's, I would do something more like;

3x10 reps for all exercises, continuing adding weight (either 1.25kg, or 2.5kg - or lb equivalent) each workout/every other work out.

Do that for 4-6 weeks.

Then when your progress stalls, drop down to 3x5 reps for all, same linear progression each workout/every other.

Use the same frequency and selection as the standard HST template.

After those first 12 weeks, I would then test maxes and SD, plan out HST for the first time and go with that.

Alternatively, 3months of Ice Cream Fitness/Jason Blaha 5x5 would be a good starting point. Some people run it for a year, but I think that's far too long for such a rigid program.

If you don't think many people know about HST then I would argue that you know approximately zero people in the actual bodybuilding community. Pretty much everybody knows about HST at this point who is in the know about training programs. Sure, your average meat head in the gym doesn't know about it, and if the people you are referring to are just typical gym-goers then there is your reason right there.

Thank you Renky,I really appreciate hearing stuff like that.

Thank you Jester for the help, I will take that into consideration.

And thank you totentanz that kind of clears that bit up for me.

Along with @Jester and @Totentanz I think HST is lesser known because it doesn't make ridiculous claims that are common to the fitness industry. While everyone is looking for a magical program that allows you to get more muscle, lose fat and be a sexual tyrannosaurus rex, HST simply explains how to continue to grow without stalling which isn't nearly as flashy.

Along with @Jester and @Totentanz be a sexual tyrannosaurus rex, .

Priceless comment…lol (Im sure I followed a program that promised this at one point years ago…lol)

I agree with you on this also that younger lifters think that they will be big like the guys on the muscle mags so they follow that garbage without understanding the basics.

Back