rest and vanilla routine

• Thread starter imported_fearofthedark
  • Start date
I

imported_fearofthedark

My question is in regards to the vanilla routine. I want to follow it verbatim because I fear that if i don't, i will start tweaking everything and have a totally different routine after im done modifying it.

So if i follow this routine exactly, and of course keep adding weight each new workout, i am wondering if i will be sufficiently healed in only a days time. I've tried it before and it just doesn't seem like I'm ready in only another day.

Does anyone have experience following the vanilla routine and can tell me that 1 day is plenty of rest. Thanks

I just started my second cycle yesterday. As I look back through my log, there were a few Wednesday's in there where I felt a bit sore and limited the sets to 1 per exercise. I seemed to get less sore as I went through week 2 of the set range, i.e. I wasn't as sure during the second week of 15's.

I'm pretty sore right now, but I will train tomorrow. My routine is pretty "vanilla", alternating two workouts.

oh, my sets are always 1 per exercise. i havent done multiple sets per exercise for over a year. it works great for me. i should have no prob with the vanilla routine if i only do 1 set per exercise then, should i?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fearofthedark @ Jan. 10 2006,11:26)]My question is in regards to the vanilla routine. I want to follow it verbatim because I fear that if i don't, i will start tweaking everything and have a totally different routine after im done modifying it.
So if i follow this routine exactly, and of course keep adding weight each new workout, i am wondering if i will be sufficiently healed in only a days time. I've tried it before and it just doesn't seem like I'm ready in only another day.
Does anyone have experience following the vanilla routine and can tell me that 1 day is plenty of rest. Thanks
the aching is only doms go to faqs on doms
and you can train everyday with no problems as long as you manage your routine ok.

I only do one set per exercise too but work out 6 days a week (all body) and everything is fine.

I think you'll find that those that aren't doing the vanilla routine on here are probably working out more frequently rather than less.

It gets harder as you get heavier (I never lift to failure in the 15s or 10s, it's not worth it in the last couple of sessions just to try and reach your maxes) so you have to be very careful to avoid failure, clustering etc helps.

There is a lot of info in the faqs backing up the relatively frequent working out of each bodypart that hst advocates in comparison to most other routines.

Cheers

Rob

Hi robefc (Rob),
I've seen a few references to "clustering reps" & doing or adding "metabolics". Could you give us a definition of what these mean?
Thanks for any help!
Omega

Omega

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've seen a few references to "clustering reps" & doing or adding "metabolics". Could you give us a definition of what these mean?Thanks for any help!

You need to read the 'Pimp my HST e-book" everything is explained rather well in there, one of the stickies for newbies has all the info you need!Click here

Back