Starting Over From Scratch.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Sci, Apr 9, 2018.

1. NWlifter

NWlifter Active Member

OH ok , so it might end up 1-2 workouts of each level. thanks.

forgot to ask, how does your progress (both size and strength) seem to be this way over the 3x way?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Sci likes this.
  2. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Slow progress! But I admit something is better than nothing! My wife makes comments about my muscular thighs and arms, so something is working.

3. NWlifter

NWlifter Active Member

Hey cool, comments are good, ... I remember getting those... a looooooooong time ago! Progress is progress good deal!

4. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

HST 3x5
    Exercises Loads
    Chin-up 205(bw) x 5,5,5
    Floor Press 205 x 5,5,5
    Hack Deadlift 235 x 5,5,5

5. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Weak links for each exercise...
    Chin-ups: elbow flexors
    Floor press: Anterior deltoids
    Deadlift: lower back

6. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Been training in a unregimented manner, just sort of intuitive progressive overloading, with no set frequency or training structure.
    It’s been working well. After years of obsessing over theoretical programming like a little HST nerd, but not really making the progress I wanted to in the real world, I’ve found just flying by the seat of my pants “intuitive” training to be ideal.
    Hope to post some progress pics in a few months. Wife is still drooling over my “muscular thighs” so I’m focused more on my upper body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Simon_ and NWlifter like this.
  7. _Simon_

_Simon_ Active Member

Awesome mate, yeah I love the intuitive style of training, most my cycles now I'm not preplanning any weights (just looking back and seeing what my RMs are for reference), but just increasing load over time, and dropping the reps when I feel I need to

Sci likes this.
  8. NWlifter

NWlifter Active Member

oh wow I thought you had made really good progress with HST planned loading and such before?

9. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Some. I was never able to fully stick to the program, ever. Mostly because of work stress and time constraints.
    Now I’m able to workout whenever I can, and when I feel recovered physically from my job and lifting.
    It just suits my lifestyle better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NWlifter

NWlifter Active Member

Oh ok, so more it didn't work as well since you couldn't do it right with all the other stuff, but this method, since you 'can' do, works better. Makes sense.

Sci likes this.
  11. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Been just getting fat and doing military presses 3 times a week.

Trying to bring up my weak deltoids.

Also doing some chin-ups and work lifting

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk.

Jak1537 likes this.