Protein Ideas/suggestions For Max Hypertrophy

Jester

Hey all,

I’m starting a new program that includes a daily max pull of some kind , and very high frequency, high volume (lower intensity) accessory work. It’s a lot of fun until you puke.

I’ve never done well on higher fat diets, and am looking for anecdotes on preferred protein sources to bump me into the high 300s gm/day range. Just want to know what has worked for you in the past.

Why did I not put this in the nutrition forum? Visibility cheating :D

Nice, also curious what others say..

But I'd go mince. Chicken mince, turkey mince. Pretty cheap, and easy to mix in rice and eat alot of.

I've been doing this and adding a honey mustard sauce *drools*...

May need to go nuts with the protein powder if shooting for 300g... but I remember @mickc1965 is a boss at getting in huge amounts of protein... definitely check out his log

Arnold said protein are less important than we think.
A friend of mine who compete for Olympia eat 40 eggs per day without the yolk.
Not sure it is good for your kidney ...

Hey all,

I’m starting a new program that includes a daily max pull of some kind , and very high frequency, high volume (lower intensity) accessory work. It’s a lot of fun until you puke.

I’ve never done well on higher fat diets, and am looking for anecdotes on preferred protein sources to bump me into the high 300s gm/day range. Just want to know what has worked for you in the past.

Why did I not put this in the nutrition forum? Visibility cheating :D

Have you ever tried venison. Tastes amazing and nutritionaly per 100g
Fat 3g
Protien 30g
Carb 0g

I drink 2 Premier Protein shakes per day with Bananas-n-Cream being my favorite. I buy from Amazon. Totals 60 grams of protein less than 6 grams of fat and carbs. Also, for lunch I eat 1 16 ounce box of Egg Beaters. 50 grams of protein, no fat or carbs, and only about 200 calories. I add in salsa and make them into huevos rancheros. Or add onions, peppers, and diced ham for Western Omelettes. Cheese too if I want more calories. And 1 or two slices of bacon won't kill you either and adds a nice flavor. For liquid with meals, I drink Premier Clear Protein, Tropical Fruit flavor, which has 20 grams of protein per bottle. I do not go to 300 grams of protein per day because I have some age-related kidney issues. Otherwise I would.

Back