running while SD

kfd

Hi
Is it acceptable to perform aerobic exercises such as running or skipping rope while SD? I need to improve my endurance and wondering how significantly it would hamper my gains on subsequent HST.
Is there any influence on deconditioning since aerobic exercices involve mainly slow twitch fibres (oxidative)?

SD will probably last 18 days

I'm probably not the best person to reply to this thread, but running shouldn't be bad as long as your keep your calories at maintenance level. When it comes to your muscles though, I would avoid sprints and fast-paced running. :confused:

Ideally the best way to SD would be lying down in your bed all day, but what are you gonna do.

Sure it would, but I really need that improvement.

I'm curious about one thing and I'd be delighted if people like DKM, O&G, OneMoreRep, Vicious, Toten could answer.

Researching this board I've found an answer for similar question, and somebody (sorry, don't remember who) said something like that - if you care about your overall health more than about big muscles then go for these aerobics. So it is generally said, that even this kind of exercises (aerobic) can decrease SD's efficency on deconditioning. Running mainly involve legs. The question is - will it impair all muscles' gains (whole body), or just legs? If the second option is correct there would be absolutely no problem for me.

Will it totally throw a wrench in the sockets?........probably not. But I would most definitely not be doing any cardio more strenuous than a medium paced walk, just enough to break a sweat. But HIIT or sprint training is a definite no-no if you are still looking to maximize gains, IMO.

kfd, unless you plan on being a professional bodybuilder, continue with the Cardiovascular exercise. I'd rather be a tad smaller and healthy then big and dead any day. Besides, I doubt you would ever be able to tell the difference if you did the cardio or not.
thumbs-up.gif

I'm with O&G on this one. Whatever folks here may say, I seriously doubt that doing a half hour or 45 minutes of cardio three times a week is going to hamper your future HST gains in any noticeable way. You have a great deal more to gain from this form of exercise than you have to lose. And hey, the heart is a muscle and needs to be trained, too.

I must say that I agree with O & G and gripstrength, go on with cardio if you want to. I would SD a bit longer if I did cardio, though, but again this is your choice. Besides, I believe that low intensity running has to do mainly with your legs and less with other major muscle groups (correct freely if I am wrong).

Back