Deiviated from HST to find RMs ...

MrNasty

I went in to find some RMs yesturday on only 5different exercises than I'm used to using. I woke up stiff and sore as hell. Is this due to my bodies response to different/new movement/stimulus? Or am i just out of shape?

:D

Were you trying to find maxes of 15s, 10s, and 5s for each one? If so, thats 15 different maxes you're going after... quite a bit I must say.

While I think it's cool, if you did that every day you'd hit overtraining quickly. It's probably a good way to give you a jolt every once in a long while, but watch out with doing anything like that too often.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MicroBerto @ Mar. 01 2005,6:43)]Were you trying to find maxes of 15s, 10s, and 5s for each one?  If so, thats 15 different maxes you're going after... quite a bit I must say.
While I think it's cool, if you did that every day you'd hit overtraining quickly.  It's probably a good way to give you a jolt every once in a long while, but watch out with doing anything like that too often.
No No, i was only finding 10's & 5's. I stayed away from the 5's as much as possible, mostly consintrating on the 10's. So in total, 5 sets of 5 different exercises (1 set a piece) for 10's & I think 1 for 5's (happened by accident).

You see, the reason i asked is because I never use these exercises, and i decided to throw them in my next HST cycle. So I had to find the RMs right. Well, never before had I used so little weight, with so few exercises, and got so sore the day after.

I assumed it was from the different movement...

It was. You used different fibers. That is one reason why I like multiple exercises over multiple sets of the same exercise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ Mar. 01 2005,8:04)]It was. You used different fibers. That is one reason why I like multiple exercises over multiple sets of the same exercise.
Sweet, then I'm on the right track. That is my goal this cycle, thus the addition of different exercises. The upper lower split should also help - since I'll be doing multiple exercises for the same muscle.

Thanks OG

Back