boris kleine's routine is short

jwbond

in another post i saw that boris's routine looks similar to:

He is training 6 weeks on, one week (9 days) off. He does 15s, 10s and 5s, no negatives. He uses really heavy loads, and says that after 6 weeks everything is sore and that the off week is welcome.

He also trains 6x/week - half-body each day.

Example:

Monday
AM: 2 x bench press, 2 x flys, 1-2 Biceps curls
PM: 2x leg curls, 2 x squats, 1-2 x lunges

Tuesday
AM: 2 x bent over rows, 2 x chins, 1 x Dumbellpresses, 1x lateral raises
PM: 2 x close grip bench press, 1x seated calf raises, 1 x Donkey raises (machine)

repeat

my routine looks as follows:

4-5 times a week switching off

A
DB Incline Bench
Inner Grip Pulldowns
Leg Presses
BB Shoulder Press
DB Lateral Raises (SS)
Seated Rows
Dips
Calf Raises

B
Wide Grip Pulldowns
BB Incline Bench
Stiff Legged Deads
DB Shoulder Press
BB Shrugs
Incline DB Curls
Skull Crushers

i am not experiencing the symptoms of overtraining according to the faq. however if someone heavely using aas is doing so much less than perhaps i am doing way too much?!?

You're fine man. Steroids or not, he has two less exercises than you when you put the AM and PM split together into one workout... and one less than you on his old Tuesday split.

1 question, 1 statement:

Are you eating enough that you're gaining weight?

If YES, and if you're not 'overtraining' then why are you worrying about it? You aren't broke, so there's nothing to fix. Volume and routines are relative to individuals... let Boris do his thing with whatever assistance he chooses, and you do your thing :)

i am eating enough (maybe a little too much) and am gaining. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt over doing it. why do additional sets if they are not helping right? more importantly, i wanted to make sure i wasnt hurting my gains by doing too much

i guess it is different person to person, but i just wanted to hear others reactions to my routine.

Yes but as you said, you ARE gaining... which indicates you aren't doing too much...

So don't get caught up in the mental trap of wondering if you're doing too much, then spending 4-6 weeks dropping back from something that works for YOU, trying someone else's routine.

Not making a personal criticism, just hopign you avoid the trap.

Got to agree with the others. Go on with what you are doing as long as you are gaining. Trying to imitate the pros' workouts can be (and usually is) a major trap. Everybody has got to manage his own training. He has found what is working for him. You should find what is working for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jwbond @ Dec. 10 2005,4:47)]He is training 6 weeks on, one week (9 days) off. He does 15s, 10s and 5s, no negatives. He uses really heavy loads, and says that after 6 weeks everything is sore and that the off week is welcome.
Reread your own post you answered this yourself.

Back