HST & Musclular Endurance

TylerDurden

Question, To increase muscular endurance would hst be good? For example, say i wanted to be able to do like 30pullups etc, and my pullup max is 10, Should i do clustering to get up that high and gradually try and increase the reps per cluster... Any insight would be helpful

Are you trying to say you want to do as many pull ups as possible? Like work your way up to 30, and hell even after that, 35, 40, etc...

Well if thats your goal, then train for your goal. If you want to do alot of pullups, then train by doing alot of pullups.

My suggestion would be to do as many pull ups as you can on Day 1, take sufficient rest the next day (i.e. leaving your back alone) and on Day 3, repeat by doing as many pull ups as you can. By doing this, your training for endurance, and recieving rest.

And remember, bodyweight too exercises are related to your actually bodyweight (go figure, lol). The less weight your pulling up, the more youll be able to crank out. Its hard to pull up a spare tire is what im saying.

Hope this helps.
-Kyle

Well, you'll probably have the greatest success "at first" by making sure you do the 5s and negatives for pull-ups. This will have the greatest impact on your strength/muscle mass.

Then once you've gotten very big and strong lats, drop your bodyweight by 20 pounds and you'll be knocking out pull-ups like nobody's business.

On a side note, research has shown that the greatest enzymatic changes (i.e. endurance) occur with two-a-day training. This means training the same muscle groups twice per day with 48 hours rest before hitting it again. The idea is to train the muscle while its glycogen depleted in order to create the strongest stimulus for metabolic adaptations.

Back