the frequency poll

Nemesis7884

since the high-frequency-days are going on, how often do you work out your full body per week?

i usually train my whole body 4-5x per week, depending on time and goal...i found out that i get better results if i work out every muscle more then 3x...but 6x is too much on the other hand...

Put up 12 on that poll you wimp!
tounge.gif

I have increased the frequency for my second cycle of HST to 5-6 x/week and am really enjoying it. I have just started my 10's today so it was kind of easy after those nasty 15's but I feel good and much better than the first cycle.

Mike

I really enjoy high frequency. I always feel great when doing higher frequency. However, I feel that three times a week is typically sufficient and is actually easier to fit into my schedule.

But after doing a split like I have been, I think that if I was going to just do three days a week, I would probably still use an AM/PM split anyway.

12x a week is a lot of fun.

Lately with all I've learned from Vicious and dkm (by the way, great website Dan), I've moved my frequency to 4-5 times per week. I try to get 5 but some times life gets in the way and I only get 4. Cycles generally last 5-6 weeks as well.

Nathan

Thanks Proteus

I think that once you begin to look at anything beyond 4X whole body you also have to consider the increased energy demand. For most 3X whole body will work absolutely fine.

Wow, I can't believe that many people are doing 6x a week! They must be counting splits as whole workouts. If not, I am impressed, I barely have time for 3x. Which reminds me...time to go workout.

Dan has his own website?! Dan, why not put a link in your sig so anyone can get to it from...well, just about any thread. Your input on this site was invaluable to me last year when learning the ropes, I'd like to check out your website.

Brak

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think that once you begin to look at anything beyond 4X whole body you also have to consider the increased energy demand. For most 3X whole body will work absolutely fine.

I agree. However, a study by Homann (and recently corroborated by another who's name escapes me at the moment) 5-7 hours per week of exercise was associated with the highest level of satisfaction in personal appearance. I've found that this holds true for me as well. I use 5x week total body (only 4 exercises all done with cluster reps - extreme fatigue management) so the workouts on last 20-30 minutes top. Add another 20-30 minutes of cardio (low intensity for heart health - I am 35 after all!) and it comes in nicely at 50 minutes on the lunch hour. The increased energy demand you mentioned allows my frequent dietary indescretions.

Unfortunately all workouts are on hold right now - high antibiotic doses. Seems spontaneous tendon rupture is a possible side effect. Oh well....

Nathan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (proteus9 @ June 22 2005,5:41)]The increased energy demand you mentioned allows my frequent dietary indescretions.
I can vouch for that! 5xweek full body and it don't matter when i blow my diet out of the water, the fat gain is minimal if at all. I can't imagine 12xweek.
wow.gif

Lance, the 12X per week scheme should be labeled the "Pizza and Beer Lover's Workout." You can eat or drink virtually anything and as much of it as you want but not gain fat. At least that was my experience.

I've been seriously thinking about upping my frequency from three times weekly to four or five, but I do cardio two or three days a week as well and prefer to do it on non-gym days. I worry that 4X or 5X plus cardio 2X or 3X will lead to burnout--plus, my schedule wouldn't allow for it.

I'm actually thinking of reducing my frequency to 4 times a week at most, or just every other day. I'm having a hard time gaining weight, so I figure cutting out some workouts may spare some more calories...

High frequency is still really fun though and keeps me motivated.

I do my workout every other day: M-W-F-Su-T-Th-Sat-M...
That comes to 4x/wk. I really like doing it this way. If for some reason I miss a day (which I have not), it's no biggie because I still have 3 days covered.

I been doing the same work work twice a day M/W/F. but now that i am getting into the 10's i will probably only do the same thing twice a day for the first week of 10's. I love the twice a day 3 days a week schedule. After I get a cycle or two under my belt, I and for sure gonna try and do the twice a day 6 days a week Mr. Old & Grey posted the other day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ July 23 2005,10:03)]I do my workout every other day: M-W-F-Su-T-Th-Sat-M...
That comes to 4x/wk. I really like doing it this way. If for some reason I miss a day (which I have not), it's no biggie because I still have 3 days covered.
That's what I've been doing too lately. Do you still just do six workouts per rep range? Personally, since you get seven workouts in during two weeks doing it this way, I decided to make each rep range seven workouts long. It seems to be working well enough.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Do you still just do six workouts per rep range? Personally, since you get seven workouts in during two weeks doing it this way, I decided to make each rep range seven workouts long. It seems to be working well enough.

I still use 6 workouts per rep range. This is my first HST cycle so I've been trying to keep it simple.

Back