Need 2 week plan (upcoming show)

Nixter

Hi guys,

So I got ropped into doing a male beachwear fashion show in 2 weeks (July 23rd) and I'm looking for some training tips in order to maximize volume and minimize fat in the next 2 weeks.

I'm quite tall at 6'4 and fairly lean relative to bodybuilding (202lbs). I've often noticed that I feel the most pumped/tight the 2nd day after a good intense workout. I'll be starting the 2nd week of HST tommorrow (2nd week of 15's). The show is in 2 weeks. Should I just continue on with the program and make sure that I have real intense workout 2 days b4 the show?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,

I'm also looking for diet advise to maximize volume/minimize fat in the next 2 weeks but I'll post that in the diet area.

Nix

I would workout and get a nice pump the same day before the show. Other than that, I don't think there is a lot you can do in two weeks to prepare for it other than what you've been doing, assuming you are doing HST right now. Add in cardio if you aren't doing it already. Two weeks isn't a lot of time to drop bodyfat. You could probably lose 3 or 4 pounds if your diet was perfect and you worked out real hard.

There are some crash diets on bodyrecomposition.com.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I 'm not really expecting any miracles, just some tips. I'll probably just continue with what I'm doing. Just started 2nd week of 15's (first cycle) The show will happen the day after the first week of 10's so it's probably good timing pump-wise.

THanks,

Nix

well, you could do a combined salt/carb loading cycle, which takes a week.

!!! I write this from a classic bodybuilding point of view, not a hst-view!!! I also did this type of scheme only once, but it worked, and it also worked with my fellows who followed it.

I did it for my fotoshoot too, and in the week you can change a lot! All it takes is discipline and hard work (especially during the carb depletion)

It goes like follows:

Day 1-2: reduce carbs from current diet by 50%, increase protein intake so cal deficit is only about 200-300 cals. For me that was 150gr Carb, 250gr Prot, 20g Fat.
Add salt to every meal (important!), drink 5l of water
No weight training needed, just do cardio.

Day 3: Diet same as day 1-2.
TRAINING: important!!! During the next three days you'll workout three days in a row, trying to deplete the carb levels in your muscles. This is done by training the muscles with high reps, lower weights, adding drop sets, super sets, trisets, static holds, halva-reps... anything you can find to go to failure and a step further (even that little 5lbs weight should be hard on some exercises). I couldn't have done it without a partner pushing me I must say.

Day 4: Reduce carbs to MAX 1,5gr/kg of body weight, for me that was 95gr of carbs. Increase protein intake again so cal deficit is another 300 cal. To me it was about 270gr of prot.
Again salt and amount of water.

Day 5: Diet: NO SALT!!! Also reduce the salt-containing protein out of your food, such as eggs and tuna. For me this meant my only source of protein was chicken. WATER: still 5L BUT get some low-salt water (read: <6mg/l).

Day 6-7: CARB loading! No SALT. This is the carb loading phase, in order to get the fullness back (which you will have lost during the carb depletion phase) and to increase vascularity, you'll do two days of carb loading. Diet: about 8grams of carb per kg of body weight. For me this was about 500gr of carbs. Protein is less important, just maintenance (about 1g/kg bw). Don't worry bout the cals you get from the carbs. ONLY complex carbs! Meaning: potatoes, brown pasta... NO fruit or any simple sugars. This will get fluids in the wrong places again.
WATER: only 1l!!! (yes, that's only 1)

Day 8 = D-Day: some complex carbs for breakfast, some simple carbs just before the shoot. Pump up doing push ups, pull ups, and take the pictures...

Check the pictures of me a few pages back to see the result I got. (result was of a six week diet followed by this week)

Daxy

Back