Incredible Growth

leanlifter

I have one week left of negatives in my current cycle and have been experiencing great gains in bodyweight. A little over a pound a week for the last 4 weeks, with little bodyfat added. This is the first cycle that I've done negatives and I LOVE them. They are definitly worth the hassle of finding someone to assist in spoting.

My question is this: since I am still growing and the Holidays are coming, when I'll be eating a lot, how can I extend this cycle another 2 or even 3 weeks?

Is it possible to extend the cycle even though I've already done a week of Negatives and if so what is the best way to do it?

Just keep doing what you're doing, add weight to the bar when you can.

Like dkm said, just add weight when you can. When you are dealing with negatives, you don't really have to worry about increasing the weight if you can't. But if you can, you should. Either way, the weight you are using during negatives should remain effective for a very long time. I like to do that portion of the HST cycle until I can't anymore. Usually that means I start getting sick or the joints start hurting too much...

Negatives are definitely the best phase for growth, in my experience.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ Dec. 04 2005,9:06)]Like dkm said, just add weight when you can. When you are dealing with negatives, you don't really have to worry about increasing the weight if you can't. But if you can, you should. Either way, the weight you are using during negatives should remain effective for a very long time. I like to do that portion of the HST cycle until I can't anymore. Usually that means I start getting sick or the joints start hurting too much...
Negatives are definitely the best phase for growth, in my experience.
Agreed. I stopped doing the 10's and 5's all together for that reason. I just continue to increase the weight, weekly (not every workout) until i just can't lift anymore, lol. When i start getting burnt out, etc. i stop.

I'm about to start experimenting with not full SD'ing, but deloading. Like light set of 15's for a week just to lay off for a bit, then back to submax 5's. Push until burnt out, repeat. Lol.

Also went back to 3x week vs. 5-6x week. Felt really good to do 2 sets instead of 1, and the next day of rest was nice. Joints started hurting a bit with higher frequency.

Back