Should I COntinue with MY HST TRAINING?

I ve done 9 weeks of HST already. 2 weeks of 10s and 7 weeks of 5s. However, I notice that my strength has continusly gone up, even after the 9's week. Ex. Benching has gone up at least 5 pounds every week.

My question is should I continue going with the 5s or stop, SD, and then redo all. I WANT TO GAIN MUSCLE NOT STRENGTH. Thank you and good day

If your bench is going up 5 pounds a week, I would ride that wave for as long as it lasts.

Sounds like you are spending too much time in the 5's. That is more like a strength training program. What about diet? What are you eating? Are you gaining weight?

Yeah I will echo what Spyke said. If you want hypertrophy, then go with a cycle that is more along with the design of the vanilla routine.

Go ahead and stop, SD for one or two weeks, and start up with a cycle that has two weeks of 15's, 10's, 5's, and negs each making it an 8 week cycle.

-Colby

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xxfunguy007xx2000 @ Jan. 25 2006,5:59)]Actually I am cutting fat. But I am gaining strength too. So I dont know. Should I stop the 5s?
If you are gaining mass and/or hypertrophy, then I suggest you keep on going (assuming you're not hurting or anything).

Remember, increased strength means you can generally lift more load, and more load will lead to more mass in future cycles. So don't convince yourself that you don't care about strength because it matters, too.

Cheers.

Remember dude, your not gonna gain much muscle while cutting fat. In fact most guys are thrilled to just maintain muscle when cutting.

Yeah, good call with the others. I mean, if you are gaining mass then what is the problem, just extend it till it is done, and then cut.

Hmm, if only I could gain strength in my shoulders.
crazy.gif
I didn't really care about them until 8 months ago, and it's weird to see guys my size or smaller than me have put up so much more weight in that department.

-Colby

Back