Integrating POF and HST?

tocamjapan

One program I had good experience with years ago is the Steve Holman POF program. I see that he has now combined the use of POF with something called X-reps - basically partials in the strongest range after reaching concentric failure.
I was wondering;

(1) Is there anyway I could combine the use of POF into a 3x twice a day HST program?

I was thinking of a push/pull-morning/evening division of bodyparts for a future HST cycle using 3 sets for each bodypart, POF fashion.

What does everyone think?

(2) Are X-reps worth including into a HST program? One of the things I love about HST is that I don't have to train to failure to get results. (My body and energy levels are loving me for this) Are X-reps worth using then considering you have to go to failure (and in this case, beyond?)

I remember assistant editor Johnathan Lawson from years back, and comparing the pics of him now, the changes have been phenomenal for a natural trainee.

John's 19 inch arm
JLArm19.jpg

Other pics of John and Steve Holman
http://www.x-rep.com/photogallery.htm

do a search on POF/HST. Theres been a discussion about it already. its doable and a very nice little mix up with HST. Dkm gave me some very good advice on how to go about implementing it.

Thanks Noobie. Yeah, I did a search on POF and X-rep and I came up with a few previous threads. I was just wondering if anyone had combined the methods with HST and were willing to share their thoughts/results/programs etc.

I was thinking for my next cycle to do something like this

AM WORKOUT

Quads:
Squats
Sissy Squats
Leg Extensions

Hamstrings:
Stiff legged deads
Leg curls:

Calves: Standing calf raise
Seated calf raise

Chest:
Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Flyes
Dips

Biceps:
Barbell curls
Incline Dumbbell Curls
Concentration Curls

PM WORKOUT
Back:
Chins or Lat Pulldowns
Pullover
Bent over rows or Cable row:

Delts:
Standing barbell Press
One Arm Cable lateral
Seated dumbbell lateral

Triceps:
Close Grip Bench Press
Overhead Extensions
Dumbell Kickbacks

Each exercise I would use one set. I would do this twice a day, 3 times per week alternating morning and night workouts - using HST principles.

How does this look?

I was thinking the same as bodyguard but, of course, I can't know. Anybody else know whether these guys are really natural or whether they are natural now but weren't before they decided to market their "new" system?

I don't think he was always natural either. I've yet to see a natural guy who has arms bigger than 17-18 inches without getting fat...

Anyway, with regards to the proposed workout - sure looks like a lot of work. I don't know if that is doable, especially with a AM/PM split performed 3 times a week. I would personally cut it back quite a bit. Delts, triceps and biceps don't need anywhere near that much work with all the other compounds you are doing.
Also, I would drop leg extensions and leg curls because they really suck compared to squats, SLDLs, etc, which you are already doing.

Back