Modified

Fausto

HST Expert
Yep

I decided to keep compounds only, back to 3 x/week + Tabata session as warmup, this is on the punching bag.

Most days I do a Tabata session early in the morning, and it feels good.

Next have to watch my eating habits like an eagle. But I am getting there.

Battle of the bulge is on big time...and not much of a bulge, but i'd like to get to sub 8 or even 7 if I can help it.

I am not too worried about looking huge first, but yep that is one hell of a secret wish, and you know what...I believe it can be done :D Albeit slowly and carefully!

What's more, someone helped me out (a guardian angel
laugh.gif
) and am now trying out J-reps with HST.

The principles stay the same, but I include J-reps for whatever I can. Let's just say it kicks @$$ for starters, I haven't had DOMS like this for a long time
laugh.gif

Not that I like suspence....but i'll only comment further once I get results...and if not I will not comment at all, hope you don't mind.

It is just that the J-reps thread is getting real ugly and I do not like that to happen, but a method is a method and if it is good it is worth keeping but only after trying will one get to know, right?

Anyway cheers guys, I'll post again soon!
Fausto

Hey Fausto-
Best of luck with your new routine- we'll be anxiuous to hear how it works out. Are you doing Tabata 3x/week, or every AM too? Also, are you doing only bag work or any other exercises? I've been doing it for a while- all stationary bike, but I'd like to hear what you (and anyone else) is doing.

Jake

Here's what I am doing.

Tabata each morning, regardless of HST.

3 x/week HST, and when partner is available do bag work before training as warmup using Tabata method 20s on/10s off.

So when I'm lucky and end up with Tabata 2x day, it hasn't interfered too heavily yet but that remains to be seen!

I'll keep you guys posted :D

Fausto,

I am with you on your battle of the bulge. I got to thinking the other idea. Bulking cycles shouldn't make you feel fat. I figure if I can get down to 8%, then a bulking cycle would put me up to 10%. This way, I would always be nice and slim around the mid-section.

Dropping the isolation days? So far I am liking my 8x/week cycle. I haven't noticed any results though (3 weeks in) I am trying to eat at least 300 calories under maintenance.

-Colby

Colby

For your next bulking cycle you should loook at the calculations John Berardi includes for one's Resting Metabolic Rate, it includes the stuff you do when just going through the day, you'll be surprised how much more one needs atthe end of the day.

I'll try to post the pdf, but I am not sure that it will fit, maybe I should send to Dan that way it'll also be scrutinized before hand.

Yeah, I got tired of carrying bulk i really don't need and i want to look nice not just bulked up, but with a fat belly!  
laugh.gif

I doubt that you'll see much results as you are under maintenance, unless of course you mean with cutting!

So far I have officially lost .5 lbs of muscle and 1 lb of fat. Although I don't believe I lost that much muscle. I think it is how I took my bodyfat measurements in the fall. As long as the bf% keeps on going down, and I see the results in the mirror, I will be happy.

As far as BMR goes... I forget the name of the equation I use, but it goes like this:

=(((bodyweight in kg's-(bw in kg's*bf%))*21.6)+370)

Currently, I am multiplying that by 2 since I am exercising so dang much.

Most likely, I will be cutting (500 calories under maintenance, which isn't hard with this frequency
happy.gif
) for the next 6 months!!

Hopefully, it'll be less, but I know it won't.

-Colby

Back