lower back issues

smunky

Been a while since posting! (over a year, but just coming back to read some of the posts...wow, forgot how much useful info gets put out there, as well as how much i still don't understand)
tounge.gif

Anyways, I'm currently experiencing lower back issues. This happened as a result of neglect on my lower back work for a long period of time, particularly deadlifts. I also took a MONTH + of lazing about before I got back into working out seriously (I was abroad for a year, hectic life, etc)

So, after doing deadlifts with my first day of 15's, I noticed that the next day (and still currently, I just finished 5's today), my back is stiffer than a board. My lower back to be particular: it isn't so much a sense of pain (altho that does exist periodically), but that I have to really work hard to do things like bend over, get up, and particularly hold things in front of my body (again, deadlifts, why did I forsake you?!! )

So what to do? I can get through my workouts, but my back screams at me during the deadlifts, straight legs, and even squats (altho much less). I've cut back the weight (and am not adding any more since I'm on my fives/negative portion next week), but I'm worried about this development, or lack of development, of my lower back. After SD, should I do a 2 week minicycle of 15's strengthening my lower back with hyperextensions and things of that nature? or should i continue with my workouts as is, and just cut back the weights on deadlift/squat/SLDL's on my next full cycle? More importantly, should I have my back checked out? (I don't really know what bulging disks, sciatic nerve issues, and fused verterbrae would feel like, but I'm guessing I have none of these problems...hopefully?)

any suggestions to cure my back of my stupidity would be greatly appreciated! :)

Welcome back to the world of aches :D

Nothing to worry about..you lower back just have to get use to the stress. I think you shouldn`t go straight to the deadlift. First you could start real easy like doing back arching on the floor etc...take it easy and try to massage it gently.

Back