Decent foods

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Mar. 22 2003,9:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tai4ji2x @ Mar. 22 2003,4:52)]yeah, i've been reading mercola's stuff lately. seems like a smart guy. i'd like to follow more of his recommendations, but to be honest, it can probably get obsessive. the more i read his site, the more i feel like a hypochondriac (sp?). i mean, he's probably right about most of his findings. but to implement all the stuff he talks about requires a lot of effort and resources (ie, cash and its ilk).
thats because mercola is an extremist nut
crazy.gif
He might be, but he's also right about a lot of things.

I think people are taking this Murcury thing way too far. I've been eating tuna all my life and I'm not only still alive but I've got all ten fingers and toes and all my hair is still intact. I'm growing pretty well on HST and am rarely if ever sick. I'm 29 years old too. So I'm of the opinion that this guy you're speaking of is a hypocondriac and kinda reminds me of my dad. These are just things you dont need to really obsess over. There is no doubt in my mind that there has always been murcury in fish since they first evolved.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Some fish contain more mercury than others
Mercury levels differ from one species of fish to the next. This is due to factors such as type of fish, size, location, habitat, diet and age. Fish that are predatory (eat other fish) are large and at the top of the food chain, and so tend to contain more mercury. Fish that contain higher levels of mercury include:

Shark
Ray
Swordfish
Barramundi
Gemfish
Orange roughy
Ling
Southern bluefin tuna.

Fish with lower mercury levels

Examples of fish that contain lower levels of mercury include:
Shellfish including prawns, lobsters and oysters
Salmon
Canned tuna.

There has also been a lengthy discussion on this in the nutrition section.

Personally I'd be more worried about BSE and the amount of steroids in my chicken...

Back