15's after first cycle?

bilknu

Hi, I noticed in Bryan's instructions he said after doing your first cycle of 15's, 10's,5's, and negatives and sd you can skip the 15's when starting your next cycle. Has anyone skipped the 15's and began with the 10's for their 2nd cycle? Any positive or negative responses? Thanks

Dear bilknu,

Can I ask where exactly was it that you read about 15s being skipped when starting the next cycle?

The key is you can skip the 15s IF you are feeling no joint problems after your 5s.

I did skip the 15s for my second cycle, but I now think that the benefits of the 15s are sufficient to go ahead and include them even when my joints are doing fine.

So do you do an extra 2 weeks of 10s (skipping 15s) with the cycle, so it works out to 4weeks 10s, 2 weeks 5s and then 2 weeks of negatives before your deconditoning period?
Or does your cycle become shorter?

So do you do an extra 2 weeks of 10s (skipping 15s) with the cycle, so it works out to 4weeks 10s, 2 weeks 5s and then 2 weeks of negatives before your deconditoning period?
Or does your cycle become shorter?

Hi Dorian, I did skip the 15's, I am now starting my first week of 5's. I cut my cycle short of two weeks. However I did keep the 15's for my legs workout. I'm doing Fine,but I won't skip any phases on my third cycle.

I believe 15's help heal any slight injuries that might have occured and helps protect the joints so you handle the heavier upcoming wieghts in the cycle. So, they do have their purpose!

They are also great for legs workout, my biggest leg gains are during this phase.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What does doing the 15s acomplish?

High reps that cause the muscle to experience that burning sensation (ie 15s) have several benefits.

The burning sensation is caused when the metabolic by-products from the respiring muscle accumulate. These metabolic by-products have some direct and some indirect effects on the local muscle cells (indirect = they change the cell's local environment). In response, the muscle cells adapt by increasing the number of mitochondria within each cell and cause capilliaries to be re-routed to provide better blood flow to those muscle cells. So the result of performing high reps is a muscle that can work more efficiently (more efficeint respiration).

In addition, the metabolic by-products have positive effects on connective tissue. The increased blood flow also aids connective tissue repair while the weights are light enough not to add to any cumulative damage.

Lastly, lighter weights are a wise idea when coming back to the gym after SD. It takes a little while to regain good form after a lay off.

yep. as frustrating as it is to train lightish for 2 weeks, i think it's worth it. high rep squats and deads are killer.

Back