Hurt Shoulder

capitolcitykid

Hello everyone, last friday I was wrestling with a friend when i felt and heard my shoulder pop and sort of grind (I still cringe whenever I talk about it). It wasn't as painful at the time but right after some movements cause a lot of pain and lifting anything...like a water bottle hurt like hell. I iced it as much as possible and am still icing it and trying to massage the area very often, and it is making good progress. Does anyone know of any other methods to help increase blood flow to the area or ways for me to speed up the recovery? I am so disappointed about this injury, I was only 4 workouts into my next cycle
sad.gif
. Maybe there are some creams or if anyone can help me in anyway with some good insight I would absolutely appreciate it.

Heat will increase blood flow, light movement will help as well and aid sinovial fluid dispersion.

Of course if there's a lot of inflammation then you don't want to be applying heat....prob. a judgement call on whether you think it's a serious injury (worth seeing a professional), or something smaller.

I know what you are goin through. I popped my shoulder two weeks ago playing floorball.

I havent been able to do nuthin`and that drives me crazy. Unfortunately there`s little to do. You just have to rest!

You can take painkillers to take away the inflammation and ease the pain and swelling. This can be done like taking antibiotics in shot period of time. Try to take 3 pills a day no more than one week even you dont feel any pain.

I just went to the doctors today and he told me that I injured one of my bersa sacs and that it should clear up in a week or 2...THANK GOD. Ive been icing it all day every day and its gotten better well see if the doc was right in a week or 2 though. O what a relief I feel so much better...I mean what would life be like without working out?

Good luck with that shoulder Tcup, thanks for the tips guys

I'm a fellow shoulder pain suffer-er.
sad.gif
So I do have one tip. As you shoulder starts feeling better, try using ice massage rather than just an ice compress.

Two things happen with it that are better, studies show it cools way deeper in the tissues and it also has a stimulating effect on circulation without an increase in inflammation. I started using ice massage instead, and really noticed the effects are superior :)

Ron

Sure :)

Get a dixie or plastic disposable cup, fill it with water and freeze it.
Then run the ouside under water and pop the whole big ice thing out. Hold it with a wash cloth or something so you don't freeze your hand. Now massage the area with the ice not too hard or too soft. Just some medium pressure. Rub for about 30 seconds, then wipe it with a dry cloth. Wait 30 seconds, and massage again. Do this for about 10 minutes , on and off, until the skin gets cherry red. Then your done. My physical therapist taught me this years ago. Since then I"ve read it's praises in sports med books and even have a study showing it's superiority :)

Let me know how it goes! Oh yeah, about 3-4 times a day is optimum. :)
I do this after every workout too, it keeps things feeling great :)

Back