zig-zagging

adj

Hi,

I have read a few posts, just wanted your thoughts. In my routine it looks like I 'Zig-Zag' my weights (they cross over between the 15's and 10's, 10's and 5's...).

Is it more beneficial to end on a weight lower than your starting weight for the next phase, or is zig-zagging perfectly ok?

Just wanted your thoughts on this

adam :)

Good day Adj.

Replying in specific:

"Is it more beneficial to end on a weight lower than your starting weight for the next phase, or is zig-zagging perfectly ok?"

It is better to end on a weight higher than your previous max for the next phase. It is also a good thing to end on a weight higher than your starting weight for the next phase (or any phase...).

The zig-zag really should be step-wise. It still is meant to increase over time to but on a more gradual basis. It's not so much a "take two steps forward one step back" approach but rather, "take one step forward, wait, then take one step forward again" approach.

Hope I have helped.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Thanks Dianabol,

I have looked at my routine and on some exercises I have been 'zig-zagging' and on others i have started each phase on a weight equal to or higher than the finishing weight for the previous phase. :confused:

Seeing as I'm off on holiday for a few weeks from next week, I will go through my routine when I get back and sort out all the little 'niggles' that there seem to be in it! a good couple of weeks or so of SD in the sunshine! lol

Thanks for your help and for giving an explanation to it as well.

adam :)

Because zig-zagging is not a problem!!
- equal RM is valid for 3-4 weeks = 21 -28 days
- muscular resistance toward a RM is established later 21-28 days
- zig-zagging among 10s and 5s is in the 15-17 day
- in the 15-17 day any resistance is still established to 10RM
- conclusions: 10RM still valid in the 15-17 day; hypertrophy is safe despite with zig-zagging

Thanks of everything Bryan!! by Gianluca of Milan :)

Back