Sets / Repetitions
5-8 / 6 - 15

Rest Interval
1 to 3 minutes

Frequency / Week
All workouts

Weeks per Exercise
1-5

Fill in the blanks for the repetition method, defined as "lifting a non-maximal load to failure:"

Load (Intensity)
[Non-maximal]

Number of Exercises
?

Sets / Repetitions
? / Failure

Rest Interval
?

Frequency / Week
?

Weeks per Exercise
?

Be sure to justify your answers
thumbs-up.gif

because the repetition method is synonymous with the hypertrophy method wouldnt it make sense to use HST to fill in the gaps?

Also i think frequency and exercise choice are dependant on your ME and DE days given u want to be feeling good for those..

I'd tend to use a longer rest interval because of what I read here about how TUT is more important than metabolic fatigue.

With failure its the same as above, as long as your lifting heavy enough to hit the type2b fibres you dont need to kill yourself.

As for the other stuff I dont kno..

Im trying to step back from the science and just enjoy lifting at the moment... which i sort of stopped doing spending so much time on this board.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kid largo @ Jan. 20 2005,6:21)]because the repetition method is synonymous with the hypertrophy method wouldnt it make sense to use HST to fill in the gaps?
Not necessarily. Many people (including myself) use the repetition method for endurance training. Even Westside uses the modified repetition method more for increasing work capacity.

Not really, the development of the table was based around methods to increase peak power output in OL. Its specificity to DE work is the highest, but still not perfect as PL is definately a different animal to OL. Me is less specific again, as the power development during a ME move is very small, especially when compared to a maximal OL.

As the point behind the RE is not really power developmetn perse, its not really applicable in the first place. Endurance or the development of more non-contractile hypertrophy is its main goal, so methods similar to HST are specific, especially the higher rep end of the spectrum.

Doing RE for recovery based reasons also influences the choice of loading and rep schemes used.

Back