Stretch Marks

Totentanz

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting stretch marks! I know there is no way to make them go away once they have formed, but anyone have any advice on how to prevent them from forming other than the obvious (grow slower) because all the idiots I know on typical meathead sights seem to be suggesting all kinds of crap, including (but not limited to); tanning, taking vitamin E, rubbing lotion over my entire body like ninety times a day, etc etc etc.
I figured I'd post this here so I can get some non-retarded suggestions. I really don't want to become a stretch mark covered freak, but I also don't want to stop growing, obviously.

Right now the stretch marks are mostly limited to my arms, especially around my armpit area, crossing over onto my pecs. For some reason my left side is worse than my right, though there is one small mark forming on my right lat too for some reason. I also noticed that after my workout yesterday, the marks on my left seemed to have gotten worse somehow during the workout...

i have the same problem you have no idea. i have massive red stretch marks on my chest, arm(bicep and tricep area). quads and hips. i feel like woman... too bad its from hypertrophy hahaha. I just go along with lots of cocoa butter but i hear that mederma(Rx only) works well with stretch marks . I guess theres nothing to stop it really other than to stop growing ...

pzhang

Tot

Not trying to be funny, but have you tried tissue oil?

The only thing you can do is to keep the sking highly hydrated to avoid the marks.

No science here just my IMHO.
biggrin.gif

I also have the same problem, but it really doesnt bother me.  I've heard that Strivectin helps make stretch marks less noticable but its pretty expensive.  You can buy it Macy's or Bloomingdales etc. makeup counter. If you find anything that works I'd like to know. Thanks.

thehamma

Grow slower, cut your calories a little bit. I don't care much about them, they lighten up, they don't stay red. I had a few new ones after this last cycle, especially where the lats go into the armpit.

My training partner split his trousers tonight. My trousers are also getting tighter and I'm worried the same thing might happen to me! Damn this HST thing!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I hadn't thought about the prospect of stretch marks but it seems to be a pretty likely occurrence if gains are fast. I suppose a good pump during a workout will only make matters worse. I may drop my calories a bit and allow my skin time to catch up. Hope that's possible? It seems to happen on those really fat folks you occasionally see on telly. When they diet down they have great folds of the stuff to spare.

Think I'll try what Fausto suggested as I have a large pot of that Hydro creme stuff handy - recommended by a dermatologist. I'll slap some on my armpit/pecs&lats area and hope for the best.

I bought some stetch mark cream at Walmart that is supposed to help prevent them. I'll see if this stops them from coming.

I know what you mean about splitting the pants, lol. I'm down to one pair of jeans and four pairs of my workout pants. I also ruined a shirt the other day when the sleeve ripped by the armpit. People have been making fun of me because my clothes are so tight lately, but I didn't notice... and they are the same clothes I've been wearing, so I didn't really think about it too much, but now that people have pointed it out, it's definitely time to go upgrade. X-Large shirts don't look baggy on me anymore...

After HST it's no longer a good thing to be able to fit into the suit you got married in!
biggrin.gif

(assuming you got hitched first)

Tot: Hope the cream helps.

You ridiculed the idea of Vitamin E being able to help your stretch marks however in my experience if you increased your intake of vitamins (especially C and E), essential fats and minerals your stretch marks would dissapear. I had some bad ass stretch marks around the armpit area that were red and livid and stayed for months. After I read Patrick Holfords book [Optimum Nutrion and put the principles into practice for a couple of weeks my stretch marks are almost invisible.

My friend and workout partner who I created these stretch marks with in the same period and who also suffered stretch marks and who eats a diet I regard as 'crap' still has stretch marks today.

I think your best bet is to do what you have already done, that is get the cream for strech marks, those creams are specifically designed for women to put on their stomachs during and after they give birth.

As for your marks getting worse after a workout I dont think they actually get worse I think they just look worse for some reason. I have never gotten any stretch marks on my upper body but I them running all the way from my upper hips down to my quads. I kind of like them to be honest. I mean if it were from fat gain i wouldnt but i think they look pretty cool haha.

Back