linear vs non linear periodisation

Nemesis7884

i came across different articles claiming how inferior linear periodisation is versus non linear

the main argument is that during the "endurance" or lactate phase e.g. 12-xx reps you will loose a lot of strenght from the heavier loads and vicverca

regarding hst we use "linear" periodisation to cause a continouos progression which makes sense, on the other hand the argument about strenghtloss when using a linear system makes sense as well - less strenght - less load - less growth

i am also thinking about that each phase during hst is usually just 2-4 weeks what is pretty short regarding a common periodisation system where a phase has usually a duration of 4weeks or more...then the strength loss shouldn't be that significant...

vicious recommends in terms of stress generation a high rep sets during the higher loads...could this also work during the high rep phases - e.g. one heavy set? on the other hand during the hihg rep phase you want to get tendons and bones used to the heavier loads in the following phase so what...

or you could use a upper lower splitt and start at different points of the load/periodisation - e.g. lower start at high reps, upper at low reps...this would interfere with the "get tendons used to heavier loads things"

so whats your opinion on the topic? i also asked bryan about it but didnt get a results until now...

Back