Cutting Routine for Wife

Joe.Muscle

Hey Guys My wife is due to have our first child in 6 weeks. She has been training Vanilla HST up until pregnancy. So she has had a great SD.

She cant wait to get back into training and she is taking 3 months off from work so she will have ample time to train after pregnancy. She wants to get all the baby fat off and get into tip top shape. I need some help with a routine for cutting. Should we go with Vanilla HST 3 days a week or cut the volume in half and train everyday? Up to 6 days a week?

Thanks

I'd be interested to hear what you find... not that I can get my wife into HST =P but we did just have our 1st child a couple months ago.

One key question to ask: Is she planning on breastfeeding? I know they suggest a calorie surplus if so, so she might want to hold off on cutting or at least go easy... That's okay becuase she'll burn calories just breastfeeding alone. If she does decide to train right after she'll probably want to go easy on the ab muscles. Child birth can be quite a trama on the human body - stuff get's stretched, stuff tears...

PSMF may be extreme, but if she's not breastfeeding, has the energy, waits a bit after birth, and wants to drop fat for summer that might be worth it... just a thought. Anyway, keep us posted, and good luck w/the upcoming birth!

Breast feeding should bring her back down to her normal size in no time

(remember she'll be providing and metabolizing food for 2 ppl)

My wife Breast fed and back to her normal size in a few mnths if not less, I also know of moms who didn't breast feed and had a little trouble loosing the weight
smile.gif

I agree with Rakki And Techo. Breastfeeding will suck up alot of calories.
biggrin.gif
I've seen it in my wife several times.

If Mrs. Joe Muscle starts to train and breast feed at the same time ask her to breastfeed before training or the Milk will taste bitter to the baby. Good Luck Daddy!

Back