What day does it start getting hard for you??

• Thread starter imported_davewins
  • Start date
I

imported_davewins

I am new to HST and this is my first routine. I am in my second week of 15's. Today is my 4th workout of 6 and I have to say today was a tough workout. Just curious when it starts gettin tough for you.

Same here I bust my @ss every day...but I dont go to failure!

Thats the main thing...stay away from Failure.

I don't know how that's possible to be honest with you. On my first day of 15's it's ridiculously easy but today (day 4 of 6) was very hard.

Dave, this is not unusual. I find exactly the same thing on 15s but somehow I always manage to get the reps out for each workout even though I am convinced that the next one will be taking me to failure before I hit 15 reps.

This is where accurately recording your maxes is so helpful as you know you have already lifted the weight for the desired number of reps. It's like a psychological boost.

Stay positive and go for it!

To answer your question...shortly.

I am one of the guys who skips the 15's most of the time.

I dont always right every max down. After lifting 12 years now I can basically tell you my max. I try to improve every other workout or every 3rd workout.

I go with 2 or 3 weeks of 10s and rest is heavy 5's.

Now This is not best plan of attack for new lifters. But for myself who has a ton of other things going on I just use the principals the best I can without log.

Do I think logging everything is best..??....prob so..but I dont always do that.

i basically try to kick my ass HST style by working out as often as can (frequency)...lifting a little more than last time...(load).....and doing as much as possible...without overtraining or interfering with the other 2 above.....thats how we kick our butt every training session.

Back