Routine Review

Rakki

Hi guys been unable to hold down any sort of structure to a routine for some time but I'm back to HST was wondering what you guys think can be done to improve this routine

M/W/F
Squat
S L Dead-Lift
Incl Bench Press
Chins
Dips
Dumbell Rows
Shrugs
Standing Calf Raise

T/Th
Skull Crushers
DB Curls on incline bench
Stnding Calf Raise
seated Calf Raise

BTW I really want to Bring up my upper Arms and Calves
and I work out Mon-Fri mornings b4 work

was thinking about Clustering half way into the 10's, then add some metabolic stress tchniques from there through 5's and into the negs (I may switch the exersices for the negs)

please any ideas to better the routine
smile.gif

Diet Wise I'm taking a Whey Supp pre workout and a Milk based shake post WO

Racky

I see I started a mini-revolution with the Comp+iso workout 5x week.

For the life of me I cannot find much to improve on your workout, maybe B/B bentover rows or T-bar rows, instead of d/b rows, then again, matter of preference
tounge.gif

For your arms, try breaking each rep into 2 or even 3 sections (as in 21's), then perform 1/2 up followed by 1/2 down, reps as per HST scheme, only double or triple, depending on what you have chosen to divide your reps into (1/2 or 1/3).

Do this as 1 rep (well if you can do 2 better yet)
biggrin.gif
for both the d/b incline curls and then the skull crushers.

Ah, follow after the last rep with a loaded stretch....enjoy the pain....and later on....the gain!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Thanx for the vote of confidence Fausto and yes I did get the compounds + Iso on dif days Idea from you
tounge.gif

couldn't come up with a better scheme for 5 day a week focusing on upper arms and Calves

I will try the 1/2 rep scheme sounds like "fun"
wow.gif

any other takes guys?
did I Pimp it good?

It looks great... possibly do some static holds, pulsing, and/or partials once you hit the 5's.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I see I started a mini-revolution with the Comp+iso workout 5x week.</div>

Faustonian cycle... I DUBBED THE NAME!!

I do like the idea of spreading the calf raises onto the compound days though. I may have to try that this cycle.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 07 2006,02:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I do like the idea of spreading the calf raises onto the compound days though. I may have to try that this cycle.</div>
Thanx
smile.gif

hopefully one day I get em turned into cows
tounge.gif

I figured well hey the more the merrier for a &quot;give trouble&quot; bodypart

Back