How many days per week?

style

I have been ill recently and have lost a lot of muscle, I can't wait to put it back on! I was wondering if how many days I should work out because I live very close the gym and wouldnt mind working out every day if it was justified however people have been posting about studies saying little difference between twice and thrice (love that word) a week.

So, in the experience of this gallant group of HST lovers, how many times a week provides the best compromise between results and time spent? Has anyone went from mon-fri to twice a week and had simliar results?

Thanks

If you are trying to put muscle on, then work out at most every other day. This is just my opinion, so some others may disagree... but I think more than every other day is only good for cutting, as it is extremely difficult (unless you have the metabolism of a rhino) to get enough calories to grow on every day training.

So you would say that mon, wed, fri is better than 5x a week for bulking? Then its no contest! Cheers

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 04 2006,18:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you are trying to put muscle on, then work out at most every other day.  This is just my opinion, so some others may disagree... but I think more than every other day is only good for cutting, as it is extremely difficult (unless you have the metabolism of a rhino) to get enough calories to grow on every day training.</div>
I guess I must be a rhyno LoL. I have no problem eating 6000 calories per day for extended periods of time. The only problem is that I need 3000 to maintain, so I tend to get pretty fat.

As for the question posed, I agree EOD is ideal for weight training no matter how you stack it up. Doing cardio on the in between days is a whole other ball game however.

<div>
(style @ Mar. 05 2006,12:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">EOD?

thanks</div>
Every other day. AKA, every second day.

Back