3rd Cycle Results

colby2152

I couldn't find my old thread that described my routine.. (I am on a different computer and I don't have the bookmark) Anywho, I just completed my cycle over a week early due to turning 21 and getting sick afterwards. The idea of the cycle for those who don't know was to do compounds on MWF with an AM/PM split as well do isolations on Tuesday and Thursday (TR.) I figured the increased frequency would help me cut. I have goals for each month leading up to August (8% is the goal) where I may start a 5x5 program. I reached my goals every month, but fell short yesterday (goal: 11.9 at least 203, reading: 12.2 at 204)

All in all, not lifting the last week and a half and the insane binge drinking probably threw me off, but it won't be hard to bounce back from.

Notes and comments from my cycle:
AM/PM is tough to do when schedule gets busy... I fell down to 3-5x/week in the 2nd week of the 10's due to a lot of studying that was needed.

My next cycle:
I will do the same exact cycle... it was too much fun. The only changes I will make is adding lateral raises on the isolation days as my shoulders need some loving. I will also re-introduce deadlifts, but at a higher rep range (20-15-10) along with squats, leg presses/curls/extensions. I am thinking of doing something other than pulley crunches for my abs.. maybe add in machine crunches on the isolation days?

Outside the numbers
The mirror is a great thing to look at as the midsection looks slimmer, and my neck is slightly thinner. I've gotten great comments as usual - you look bigger, thinner, like a model... Okay, maybe the last one is an exagerration, but it's the goal.

I start my 4th cycle in a week and a half which will last till the end of the spring semester (early May.)

-Colby

Sounds like a success!
smile.gif
Good Job!! You have a lot of time to reach 8%, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What were your weight stats before the cycle started? You mention your 204 now with 12.2%. What did you start at?

Good job man. I remember the college days when all I did what eat sleep and train...well overtrain...good for you that you know better with HST.

My goal was to be a monster of muscle when I graduated and then maintain rest of my life...you are right on track my friend!

Post some pics when you get chance!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Post some pics when you get chance!</div>

Ahh, I knew that question was gonna pop up eventually... I'll post them in the summer when I am cut up.

Colby

Howdy mate?

Hummm.........liked the cycle hey?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Notes and comments from my cycle:

AM/PM is tough to do when schedule gets busy... I fell down to 3-5x/week in the 2nd week of the 10's due to a lot of studying that was needed.</div>

Yeah, I think doing isos and compounds for a 5x week by itself should be hard enough, I am glad you fel back there, you could have burn't out by now otherwise.
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My next cycle:
I will do the same exact cycle... it was too much fun. The only changes I will make is adding lateral raises on the isolation days as my shoulders need some loving.</div>

This is a iso that i personally love, I do them in a superset, first incline lateral raise on bench, then bent over rear lateral raise, it does some real good &quot;loving&quot; to the shoulders.
biggrin.gif

Great work. I know what you mean about the pictures... I don't like posting pics when I'm not cut up either. I hope you are taking some for your own benefit at least. It's great to be able to look back on them, since what we see in the mirror can be skewed by our own psyche, but if you see pictorial proof of your progress, it is undeniable.

I think I am going to be more strict with the diet this time, so I can speed up the cutting process just a little bit. I may do calf raises on the compound days as well, but I don't want to make my workouts too long, so I will see how it goes next week.

I still expect to put on some muscle as I will be getting some protein powder (and possibly taking Creatine) once again. I think the more important aspect of this upcoming cycle is losing the fat, so I am going to concentrate on good carbs/fats, and I'll finally get the fish oil tablets!!

DB Chest Press can be a bit tough in the 5's even if the weight is sub-maximal. What's the opinion on me switching to flys either for the entire cycle or for the 5's/negs as there is so much more stretch?

In addition to changing up the rep phases for the leg exercises, would it be better to concentrate my cycle on the 15's and 10's since they are more aerobic? My guess is that it won't matter.

Thanks,
Colby

Back