am/pm spilts

cnegotiator

if you do an am/pm spilt, do you do the same routine twice a day?

workout 3 days a week(like normal) or all weekdays?
thanks

My best results from training twice per day came when I used 2 different workouts 3 days per week. I'd train the whole body both workouts, but with different exercises. Maybe bench presses for chest in the AM and dips in the PM. Wide grip pulldowns for lats one workout, close grip chins the other. Things like that. Training twice per day but still getting the full day's rest inbetween seemed to work best for me.

yea thats what i was thinking of doing i just wanted someone to confirm its good, thanks man

what about everyone else? anyone train every day?

My AM/PM splits are similar WO's... example is squats in the AM, leg press in the PM... I also do isolation "full-body" workouts another two days a week.

what do you mean by full body isolation the other two days? could you give me examples of exercises you would do?

what about doing cardio those two days as well?

What would be wrong if one was to do the same routine twice a day, but four days a week instead of the 3 days a week!

Nothing wrong with same routine twice per day. Nothing wrong with 4 days a week. You will have to eat like a horse working out that much and you will risk over training. 2 x 3 days a week should be more than enough.

<div>
(cnegotiator @ Mar. 07 2006,08:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">what do you mean by full body isolation the other two days? could you give me examples of exercises you would do?

what about doing cardio those two days as well?</div>
this is what I will probably do on TR for my isolation days this upcoming cycle:

shrugs
calf raises
leg extensions
leg curls
lateral raises
skull crushers
incline DB curls
machine crunches
tricep pulldowns

I will alternate the pushdowns/db curls, skulls/pulldowns, and leg curls/extensions within the cycle.

ok, thanks guys

i'll do twice a day 3 times a week

i see what you mean colby... and oh something i have just picked up on recently, give reverse skull crushers(palms facing you) a try. you wont be able to do as heavy as the weight, but i feel they work it a hell of a lot more then reg skull crushers ;p

thanks everyone

I'll give them a shot next week during the light weights of the 15's and see how they feel... thanks for the tip.

Back