bench press weight ratios

fervorviolinist

This question has bothered me for a long time, but I was wondering what the weight ratios would be going from flat barbell bench press to incline barbell bench press at about 30 degrees (and similarly for decline)? Also, how much would one be able to lift in the corresponding dumbbell variations, and the seated horizontal "bench" press machines? Thanks ya'll.

Yea, for me its pretty much the same. But I know other guys that are much stronger on flat...it sort of depends

Gee, thanks Mr. "HST Expert" Aaron_F, if you can't answer my question then it'll be relegated to retarded status and be forever ignored... In all seriousness, maybe you guys can give me what your personal ratios are to see how consistent everyone is, and go from there? Personally, I'd guess I incline bb bench about 95-97% of what I do on flat bench (175 incline vs. 180 flat, 8-10 comfortable reps); I'd like to alternate the barbell and dumbbell variations, and wanted to get an approximate idea from all you experienced lifters. Thanks again~

It really does depend on a lot, not just from raw muscle strength but also depending on how accustomed you are to the other lifts. I have no idea what the ratios are for me, since I never flat bench or use dumbbells for benching, so I can't be much help... but generally, you'll not be able to do very much with dumbbells when compared to the barbell, since there isn't that bar to stablize everything for you.

<div>
(nootnerd @ Mar. 09 2006,06:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Gee, thanks Mr. &quot;HST Expert&quot; Aaron_F, if you can't answer my question then it'll be relegated to retarded status and be forever ignored...</div>
Aww, did somebody put your nappy on too tight?

You did not ask for individuals ratios, you just said ratios to which I replied, its too variable to give one awsner.

If your wanting to alternate different varients of the lift, there is onyl one way to get an accurate awnser for you, try the exercise and see what your lift is, everything else is a guess.

Back