Compound Cycle ideas

Gesar

Hi,
So yesterday I started my second cycle and included Deadlift instead of machine squat ( no rack for real squat yet). But the deadlift took my breath away.. so I knew that I would cut the insolations exercises...so all I did :

Deadlift
Incline bench press
Standing Rows
Dips (bodyweight)
Pull Downs
Military Press
Calves
Abs

doest this compound workout looks ok? should I add or remove something?

TIA

I do squats and deads same day with no problem. Do whichever is hardest at the beginning of your routine (I prefer squats at the beginning) then the other one at the end of your routine. It's a little bit of a stretch at first, but you should get used to it quickly.

I concur, Squats first. Long b4 working with HST, I always started all my workouts
with squats, squats, squats. For me, the squats ARE the warmups. Two birds, one stone.

Once I reach the 5s I alternate deads and squats cos my lower back gets hammered if I do both on the same day.

When I am squatting I do them first. When I am deadlifting I do upper body beforehand. I tried deadlifting as a first exercise but found I needed to be better warmed up. I strained a muscle/tendon somewhere under my left pec (intercostal?) which was annoying for weeks. Doing back and chest before I deadlift has been the answer for me.

Back