another reason not to take fat burners?

Ashil

my parents saved an article from a newspaper for me. Can't remember the title, but it was basically something about vitamins and minerals doing more harm than good!

One mentionned was "chromium Picolinate" which is found in many weight loss products. It causes lung and other respiratory organ cancer apparently.

Does anybody know about this? they didnt elaborate much.
I'm quite worried. I was just about to start taking hydroxycut for 3-4 weeks, which contains chromium picolinate.

Unless your a rat taking massive doses, it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Except that your massively overpaying for a 'fat burner' by getting that particiular product.

yeah i'm sure just like any other ########## products it is massively overated and overpriced!

A friend brought some back from the states for me last year, i just didnt get the chance to use it. (Can't get ephadrine in the UK). I Wouldnt buy it otherwise...

I'll still give it a go then. It's only for 4 weeks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ashil @ May 25 2003,1:17)]my parents saved an article from a newspaper for me. Can't remember the title, but it was basically something about vitamins and minerals doing more harm than good!
One mentionned was "chromium Picolinate"

I'm wondering about studies behind that article. Are they detailed in the bottom of it?
I've not found nothing about this in MEDLINE, but I've made a fast and not accurate search. I know that chromium(VI) is toxic and carcinogenic, but I never heard something of bad about edible chromium(III) at normal dosage.

Hmmm... Just a few days ago I began taking 200mcg of chromium picolinate daily. Along with 250mg L-Carnitine. Along with a multi-vitamin and flax seed oil.

whow, you got me scared:
i presently take 250 mcg organically bounded chromium-tablets at breakfast, 250 mcg in postworkoutshake, and 250 mcg at bedtime.I DO notice positive effects while i am cutting, also the price of these tablets at 7 euros a month here in the Netherlands is not too much for me.

Oops i forgot, when reading the label of my multivitamin-mineraltablets ( All Sports by Essential Organics) these appear to contain 66 mcg GTF chromium per tablet as well. I take 3 of them, spreaded throughout the day, so.....

thats a total of 948 mcg chromium a day! .Is that Bad?

When upping my chromium a couple of months ago i noticed positive effects in between meals ( not being hungry or having cravings for sugar etc. ) as well as more being able to forcefully contract my muscles during the HST sessions. I love taking it, i believe in it, but i dont want to put my health at stake. Any i would appreciate any further info. Thanks!

Back