Multi-vitamins

Personally I think people are crazy who don't use them. There's no way you can get every nutrient you need strickly from food. And I never followed the blanket FDA aproved amounts for everyone. Doesn't make sense.

that's right

besides hardtraining athlete needs bigger amounts of vitamins than couch potatoes! ;) but even they cannot provide all of the nutrients needed from food as well as their/our body cannot produce them
the solution is simple - take vitamin supps! :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (grasik @ Aug. 12 2003,8:24)]that's right
besides hardtraining athlete needs bigger amounts of vitamins than couch potatoes! ;) but even they cannot provide all of the nutrients needed from food as well as their/our body cannot produce them
the solution is simple - take vitamin supps! :)
In some cases, an athlete needs more, but people seem to think that doing a slight bit of exercise (body builders in generally do next to nothing compared to other athletes) they need 2-3x more.
And its actually quite simple to get most vitamins/minerals from food, just requires good food choices, and no vitamin supplement on the planet will replace food as a source of nutrients.

yes, you're right - there are such cases

nevertheless, there are also such cases in which people have to take supps cos it's impossible to make up their loss from food /even if we make good choices/; but these are extreme examples
tounge.gif

to my mind, make good food choices, then think about supplementing your diet with vitamins ;)

I voted "sometimes" but I don't think we really need multivitamins IF we follow a good diet. I have used the NAT a few times to check the vitamin and mineral content of my diet for one random day and I found out I get plenty of them. I remember that only zinc was at 100% of the RDA, everything else was 300-700% of the RDA.

It makes more sense to take extra doses of specific vit/min like vit.C/E, calcium and magnesium (it all depends of course).

Back