Supps worthwhile while cutting?

wsci

I am beginning my first cycle in a week. I have not liften in 2 years and took 2 weeks of 15's just getting my strength back. Suprisingly, I have alreay hit my highs of 2 years ago. I seem to respond well to full body workouts..

Anyway, my quesiton is this: I am dieting to lose my fat @$$ gut. I'm not fat anywhere but my gut. I understand my strength/muscle gains will be minimal while dieting. Is it worthwile to use supps like Creatine and primer/driver while dieting or should I just wait until a bulking phase?
Thanks

IMO, you should definately use both creatine, & protein regardless of which phase. Nothing burns fat like muscle, so building muscle will also work towards leaning you out. I just finished my first full HST cycle, and continued creatine (in half doseage) so no loading phase is needed, and kept on protein, first in shake form for 3 days, then through whole food sources. During cutting, I would be more concerned about watching carbs and fats.

hi wsci, and welcome to hst, even while dieting your body needs its proteins to help build and repair those hard working muscles, so primer/driver are definitly worth taking, the same goes for creatine. it will help you get trough those grueling workouts, while the protein will make sur that you don't lose those hard earned muscles. :)

Hi wsci, welcome to the Forum.

I know it might sound a little biased if I say that you will benefit from using Primer and Driver but its true. That's what they were designed for... The creatine will help as well.

Keep us informed as to your progress.
thumbs-up.gif

An ephedrine-caffeine product might also be useful.

Here's a guide to proper usage (guess who wrote it?):
http://www.musclemonthly.com/article....ork.htm

There are tons of other "cutting" supplements, although their effectiveness is open to debate. An interesting one is 7-keto DHEA. You can find caps as well as a topical 7-keto supplement (FL7) at 1fast400.com. The theory is that it boosts T3 and blunts cortisol.

CLA has some good research, though in my experience it hasn't really leaned me out much (and I've used a ton of it). Maybe more useful for lean bulking.

Thanks. Where would I buy the Driver since this site says it's on back order? And could I just mix the creatine with the protien shakes?

Both Beyond Muscle and 1Fast400 seem to have some of each PRIMER/DRIVER.

Beyond Muscle

1Fast400

Sorry to everyone for the "out of stock" status the last little while. We've had a few snags along the way, but all seems to be ironed out now. Primer/Driver will be more widely available soon, and hopefully even more affordable.

Thank you for your support and patience.

PS— wsci, you can ABSOLUTELY mix the HS:CRE in with the proteins. It is micronized, so it dissolves completely in liquid. You could add it to just about anything you'd like, and not know it was there. It is tasteless as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Jan. 14 2003,5:21)]Hi wsci, welcome to the Forum.
I know it might sound a little biased if I say that you will benefit from using Primer and Driver but its true. That's what they were designed for... The creatine will help as well.
Keep us informed as to your progress.
thumbs-up.gif
I'm trying to get rid of my gut too and am starting my first HST phase along with the Primer and Driver. I was under the impression I should eliminate creatine from my supplement stack since I want to decrease water retention.
Just to qualify your last response, are you saying that creatine only increases water retention within the muscle as opposed to the whole body? Sorry if this a question that has been addressed elsewhere, I'm just starting to dig through this message board...

EDIT: Looks like I can't delete this post but I just found an answer to this question in the "creatine while dieting?" thread.

Back