Different types of anti-estrogens

Calkid

I've seen the following recommendation made that when using over-the-counter anti-estrogen supplements:

-formestane for on-cycle estrogen control
-6-oxo for post-cycle estrogen control to aid recovery of endogenous testosterone

The thing is, does it really matter? 6-oxo is sold at ripoff prices and I'd love it if I could use a cheaper transdermal formestane, such as Dermabolic's e-form.

Any thoughts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Calkid @ May 25 2004,9:32)]I've seen the following recommendation made that when using over-the-counter anti-estrogen supplements:
-formestane for on-cycle estrogen control
-6-oxo for post-cycle estrogen control to aid recovery of endogenous testosterone
Nolvadex. It's the best for post cycle, easy as hell to get too, and not expensive at all.

"Nolvadex. It's the best for post cycle, easy as hell to get too, and not expensive at all."

Agreed, but does a non-prescription, over the counter anti-estrogen product exist that really works?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leegee38 @ May 26 2004,9:22)]Agreed, but does a non-prescription, over the counter anti-estrogen product exist that really works?
Probably. I hear formastane isn't bad, but then I've never tried it myself. From personal experience 6-oxo not only didn't seem to control estrogen, it seemed to agravate it, and I'm not the only one who's reported that effect. It might be the result of an estrogen/progesterone problem as well, which perhaps 6-oxo isn't suited for.

I'd stick with the nolvadex.

Nolvadex: Cost-to-benefit, much better than any OTC anti-e. It is getting increasingly cheaper too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ May 27 2004,6:28)]Nolvadex: Cost-to-benefit, much better than any OTC anti-e. It is getting increasingly cheaper too.
And can easily be had w/out a prescription. ;)

As a side note, due to the fact that I developed gyno in the last week I would now only recommend tamoxifen as the drug of choice for gyno treatment/prevention.

There's plenty of research showing a success rate between 80-100% in the complete resolution of gyno symptoms and my case certainly supports this.

Out of nowhere my left nipple started to hurt and then I noticed a lump of around 2 mm height and 4-5 mm wide near the nipple. The pain was very intense but it went away in three days with 80 mg tamoxifen and the lump is almost completely gone in 8 days only.
I am using transdermal tamoxifen in the nipples also, but there's no proof that this actually works.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arbitro @ May 27 2004,2:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ May 27 2004,6:28)]Nolvadex: Cost-to-benefit, much better than any OTC anti-e. It is getting increasingly cheaper too.
And can easily be had w/out a prescription. ;)
Yup. Not too hard to get. Those For Research Only chemicals aren't too bad, and overseas pharmacies will usually ship here, and by some legal magic it isn't going to land you in prison, as long as you don't buy so much an intent to distribute could be implied.

Calkid, the reason people say formestane only while on-cycle is that it is itself suppressive. To what extent, to how this might retard full recovery during PCT, I can't really say.

Restless, what were you taking that produced gyno symptoms?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jon Stark @ June 01 2004,1:58)]Calkid, the reason people say formestane only while on-cycle is that it is itself suppressive. To what extent, to how this might retard full recovery during PCT, I can't really say.
Restless, what were you taking that produced gyno symptoms?
1 gr of testosterone enanthate, 300-400 mg nandrolone phenylpropionate and 50 mg proviron.

No need to go into progesterone deca gyno as I don't believe in that.

Back