15-20% Total Cals From Protein

Tom Treutlein

Who has done this and actually had good results? I'm looking at giving it a shot. I'm a bit thicker (not fat, not even a belly, just a little softness) so I figured I'd use the recommendation of 20-25%. I'm hitting about 23% total cals from protein, 30% fats, and the other 47% carbs. At a bodyweight of 180 lbs., I figure 178 grams of protein (+46 on training days) would be enough.

Anyone ever do something similar? I hear people always recommending more, including DC/Dante, who produces mass monsters. I'm not looking to be a monster, by any means. Ideally, 210-220 @ 10-12% BF. Looking to be a muay thai fighter, mainly. Just building a nice base now, and fulfilling my quench for vanity while I'm still in HS.

So. Input. Yes.

Just eat 1 g/lb of BW and don't adjust up or down on training days. Try not to focus so much on percentages.

1.5g per kg of lean body mass would be allready enough...most tend to go to 2g per lean body kg..(therefore approx. 1g/lean lb)

take a look at pre/post workout nutrition articles

some people also take a look on the different type of proteins (in the meaning of release times) and some consume slow digesting protein before they go to bed to make sure they have a protein flowing around during the night (since it cant be stored effectively)

Back