15 RM

• Thread starter imported_dtljhayes
  • Start date
I

imported_dtljhayes

How do you find you 15rm , 10rm ect.

Lets say i try and use 90k for 15r but find that i could lift more i will then have to increase the wieght and do 15 more reps. Will this affect my 15rm much .

Also when completing 9 days of SD does it matter if i do cardio work (The reason i ask this is that i am in the Armed Forces and Have to do PT 3 times a week).

Finding your maxes doesn't have to be exact, but you should be able to get pretty close. In your example, of you use 90kg but feel you could do more, then just rest a few minuets to recover or go on to another exercise, then go back and try another set with more weight.

The best SD is doing nothing, however that's usually impossible. You have to do the PT, so what can you do? Just go with it.
One other thing, 9 days SD is a minimum, most of us feel 12-14 days is better, espcially if you've been training for a while.

Thanks for the advice

One thing im not 100% sure about is do i do SD after my max rep week as well as at the end of my first 8 week cycle.

To compensate for doing cardio during SD, you could try eating a bit extra (unless you've already figured extra food into your diet, if you've always done the cardio.)

You just don't want to be catabolic.

Back