PPP

Ok, here's a very basic question.

If you'd divide your muscle groups in two as follows:
1. chest, shoulders
2. leg, back

where would put the bi&triceps?

PPP

my vote would be to add triceps to #1 and bi's to #2

and my reason is because the muscle is already "warmed up" from the earlier exercise.

... and if you want your arms to outgrow the rest of your body, you could try the reverse (since it will double the volume for arms).

Not only that, but you'll have more strength for the isolation exercises because the biceps or triceps won't already be fatigued from the compound movements. I changed my old 4-day split to do this very thing and my arms made a notable improvement. On a 2-day split performed thrice weekly it's possible they'll get overworked, though. Might be a good idea for a twice daily routine.

Randy

When I used to do a two-day split, my favourite was always a torso/limbs split.

Day 1
Quads
Hams
Calves
Bis
Tris

Day 2
Pecs
Lats
Delts
Traps

I know it doesnt answer your question, but after playing around a bit I found it worked best for me (although not as well as HST does now :D )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (micmic @ June 11 2003,6:14)]... and if you want your arms to outgrow the rest of your body, you could try the reverse (since it will double the volume for arms).
Well, that's the question, will the double volume work for the better. You say it will, i'm not sure. But i haven't tried it yet, and i think i will.

By the way, i forgot to mention. I'll be training 4 days a week with this split. As in ABXABXX

As for warmup. Training back should be a sufficient warmpup for tri's as well.

PPP

Back