3 Day Bb Split

scout

Hi,
Is it ok to do chest triceps and shoulders for A day and back biceps and legs for B day using Hst Vanilla style workouts, ie: 3 workouts a week for 15s, for 2 weeks then 3 workouts a week of 10s for 2 weeks then 3 workouts a week for 2 weeks of 5 reps and then negitives for 2 more weeks.
I am asking because I have been doing HST for about 2 yearswith very good results but i feel that i might nee more rest before hitting the same body part again
so not once a week but 2 times a week.
Increasing the weight each workout of coarse.

Thank You.

Have you considered lowering the volume per day? I find I can get in more volume per week still lifting 3x a week with lower sets than I can by doing A/B with more sets. That being said I am doing an A/B with Squats and Deadlifts for some recovery reasons.

I would consider that old school more than HST with 1.5 workouts per body part per week. There is no such thing as an HST style workout. There are only the principles of HST which your planned workout does not follow the frequency principal. Not necessarily wrong. It all depends on what your goals are.

Last edited:
Have you considered lowering the volume per day? I find I can get in more volume per week still lifting 3x a week with lower sets than I can by doing A/B with more sets. That being said I am doing an A/B with Squats and Deadlifts for some recovery reasons.
Yes, actually when i get to the 5s i will drop any accessory exorcises to reduce the volume and just do compounds.
I feel that each body part might need 1 more day of rest.....thank You for your reply

Hi,
Is it ok to do chest triceps and shoulders for A day and back biceps and legs for B day using Hst Vanilla style workouts, ie: 3 workouts a week for 15s, for 2 weeks then 3 workouts a week of 10s for 2 weeks then 3 workouts a week for 2 weeks of 5 reps and then negitives for 2 more weeks.
I am asking because I have been doing HST for about 2 yearswith very good results but i feel that i might nee more rest before hitting the same body part again
so not once a week but 2 times a week.
Increasing the weight each workout of coarse.

Thank You.

Is it your intention to do routine A on Mon / Fri / Wed and routine B on Wed / Mon / Fri or similar, if so then as O&G stated this is more old school and does not follow the principles of HST.

You say you need more rest before hitting the same body part - can you advise your current exercises and number of sets etc for each rep block as training full body every other day should be easily achievable unless the number of exercises or sets per body part is too high.

Back