a little change...

superman55

i was thinking about trying something a little new...

tues... bbp, rack dl, front squats, bars curls, dips

thurs... military press, bar shrugs, good mornings, w-g pull-downs, standing calf raise

sunday...incline bbp, bar rows, squats, dumbell curls, c-g bbp

WHAT DO YALL THINK ?

I personally like to hit each major bodypart at least once every 48 hours. However, experimentation is good. Give it a shot and see how it goes.

As O&G said, you want your frequency increased. I assume you came to this website because you wanted to change your routine. That just looks like an altered HIT split.

Just my two cents...

You may want to stick to fewer exercises instead of having a variety of exercises. Makes it easier for neural learning, which in the long run will probably be better for you.

A good technique (there are lots of other good techniques, mind you) is to pick the best compound exercise for your major body parts, then stick with those compounds. Add one more good compound for your biggest muscles or for parts that you think should be emphasized more.

Regards
smile.gif

-JV

I agree with JV about neural learning....unless you just get bored easily.

Secondly just go to a full body routine 3 times a week occasionally 4 if you can and hit everything. The body is designed to function as a whole!

In other words just do HST VAnilla.
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">lol, so far so good... yeah, i di come here for a change, i was doing DC for a while, but i like change i guess... </div>

then stick to as simple program with the big 5 or maybe even six, include all the main compounds as JV pointed out.

Frequency: 3 x week
Volume :
15 - 1 to 2 sets
10 - 2 to 3 sets
5's and beyond 3 to 6 sets

Eat above maintenance by 500 - 1000 calories.

Here are my favortie compounds, in no particular order, and I'm not saying they are absolutely the best.

-Bench (plain ol' bench)
-Chins
-Deadlifts (err... I hate deads but they're in here somehow; don't ask)

Aside from those three, I also often do these:

-Incline Bench Press
-Close-Grip Bench Press

These are the 5 compounds that I often do. The other compounds are a mixed bag, I just determine what &quot;other&quot; compounds to do at the start of a cycle, if I decide I want/need to.

Lately, I'm pressed for time so much, I only do Bench, Chins, Deadlifts, then finish off with DB curls and skullcrushers. I finish in less than half an hour, which is about the only time I can spare
sad.gif

Regards,
-JV

<div>
(jvroig @ Jun. 28 2006,10:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here are my favortie compounds, in no particular order, and I'm not saying they are absolutely the best.

-Bench (plain ol' bench)
-Chins
-Deadlifts (err... I hate deads but they're in here somehow; don't ask)

Aside from those three, I also often do these:

-Incline Bench Press
-Close-Grip Bench Press

These are the 5 compounds that I often do. The other compounds are a mixed bag, I just determine what &quot;other&quot; compounds to do at the start of a cycle, if I decide I want/need to.

Lately, I'm pressed for time so much, I only do Bench, Chins, Deadlifts, then finish off with DB curls and skullcrushers. I finish in less than half an hour, which is about the only time I can spare  
sad.gif

Regards,
-JV</div>
what no legs?

Hehehe, well, that post wasn't about my typical routine. Just my favorite compounds.

Or if you are referring to what I do lately due to time constraints... well, I rest my leg development to deads. I really have no more time for leg curls and leg extensions or squats (it was either squats or deads, and I chose deads).

Regards,
-JV

Back