After SD...

Kerza

Hey guys, I'm new to the HST system. I wanted to know once I take my 9-14 days of SD where do I start out at? Do I start at 15's again w/ the same original weight or do I continue w/ doing 5's?

Strategic deconditioning:

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_artcls_stratdecon.html

To sum it up, SD is for making the muscle sensitive to the 15's again so you can do multiple cycles and continue to grow. You can start with the same weight as last cycle unless you have gained strength. If you have gained strength, add weight as needed to all your rep ranges and progress normally from there. For example, you could add 5% to all your rep ranges.

Read the other articles, they all fit together.

Load the muscle to stimulate growth. Progress the load to mitigate the repeat bout effect (RBE). Adjust reps to accommodate progressive load (15RM, 10RM, 5RM). SD to allow the cycle to start again. Repeat. Grow.

Forgot to say welcome.

I agree with Martin. Use your new RMs to work out new starting loads for all mesocycles.

If you work with percentages for your increments for each mesocycle (eg. 75%, 80%, 85%, 90%, 95%, RM) then an increased RM will lead to increases in loads for all sessions. The difference between your starting and RM loads will increase too.

Cool. Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

Back