Anger=personal record

I hit the weights at midnight....can't miss a workout, this cycle I have some serious goals.

I am really stressed at work lately and have some frustration built up
mad.gif
...I started my routine with a warm-up of 225 deadlifts. Then I put 355 on (160 kilos) and used my pent-up anger to rip it off the floor...a personal record...315 was my last attempt 2 weeks ago. I just added 40 lb.s to my 1 rm deadlift, needless to say I am stoked and after this super-intense 'warm-up' the rest of the workout went very well.
cool.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 05 2007,00:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I hit the weights at midnight....can't miss a workout, this cycle I have some serious goals.

I am really stressed at work lately and have some frustration built up  
mad.gif
 ...I started my routine with a warm-up of 225 deadlifts. Then I put 355 on (160 kilos) and used my pent-up anger to rip it off the floor...a personal record...315 was my last attempt 2 weeks ago. I just added 40 lb.s to my 1 rm deadlift, needless to say I am stoked and after this super-intense 'warm-up' the rest of the workout went very well.  
cool.gif
</div>
AWESOME

You're a better man than I.  I've been very stressed this past week due to the worst snow storm blizzard ever in southeast Colorado.  Food has had to be airlifted into this place, the streets are still horrible even though it's been 5 days since the snow stopped, and I'm tired of helping people who decided to drive tiny cars around immediately after a snowstorm has dumped 40 inches onto the ground.  So, I haven't worked out in over a week now and am feeling really weak and groggy.  

I'll get back in the gym tomorrow and start tearing stuff up again.  Lifting 5 or 10 lb. shovel fulls of snow one million times and pushing cars while eating very little does nothing but wear you down and make you small (fit, yes...but still small).  At least I've been drinking cartons of liquid egg whites every day.

John (that is your real name, right), your week sounds worse than mine.  Not a better man, just motivated this cycle.  Plus I want to kill my boss after working until 10:30 tonight (plus many other reasons), so the aggression to help me lift at midnight was not lacking!
biggrin.gif

mad.gif

That's awesome Sci. 40lbs in a few weeks ! You will be hitting 400 very soon. I too find deads are a great way to let off steam. Well done.

I've had this hankering to put a bunch more weight on my DL, and see what happens... is that crazy?

My 5 rm is 210, but with changing grips, I know it will go higher. My plan is 220 next, but I kind of want to throw 250 on there and see if I can at least get one rep. What do you think of that?

Be fully warmed up and energized. You could hurt yourself and regret it. I did.
I'm not saying don't do it, but my angry day on the iron got my shoulder permanently scrood, or so it seems.

I did a similar thing to Sci, my max was 140kg, I tried 150kg, came up pretty easily so I then did 160kg...which wasn't easy! But I managed it.

I think you need to be careful though - going from 210 to 220 makes sense, if that feels ok then go to 225 or 230..progress like that, going from 210 to 250 is pretty much asking for trouble.

Actually I didn't think going from 140-160 in 2 reps was a good idea either...would have been more sensible to have got the 150, done a few reps, waited a couple more sessions then gone for 160.

Still glad I did it though! :-D

Cheers

Rob

lol...no, my real name is steve jones, not john frisk. I wondered why you thought my name was John and checked my profile. I've probably signed up for 100 forums/email/offers/whatever on the internet, so whenever some page asks for my real name I type in some garbage. I guess I did it on this forum without thinking. I think my &quot;real name&quot; on hotmail is Al Capone.

OK...steve, sorry, just trying to communicate with you on a more personal level.

You, Dan Moore, Lol, Totentanz, Quadancer, Old&amp;Grey, JoeMuscle, mikeynov, style, Lcars and a bunch of other guys have become almost like personal friends to me.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 06 2007,00:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">OK...steve, sorry, just trying to communicate with you on a more personal level.

You, Dan Moore, Lol, Totentanz, Quadancer, Old&amp;Grey, JoeMuscle, mikeynov, style, Lcars and a bunch of other guys have become almost like personal friends to me.</div>
Tis true. This forum seems to attract some great folks. Most helpful and down-to-earth forum I've ever frequented. Mean spiritedness is very rare here.

It never ceases to amaze me how much free time you lot are willing to give up to help others sort their training out. I suppose it all stems from a thankfulness to Bryan for sharing his ideas so readily and fits in well with the origianal 'spirit of the internet'.

What's really great is that if you train at home (or at a gym where most folks dance about!) you can still get motivated to go for PRs as you are likely going to post your results here. Lots of virtual back-slapping and &quot;well done&quot; messages are a great incentive to keep on pushing the poundages up esp. if they are from those lifters you have come to respect.

Well, after my Friday workout (I figure I was as warmed up as I could be) I did one dead lift of 255 lbs. It felt heavy, but I can see working up to that over the next several weeks. Tonight I try 3x5 at 220.

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 08 2007,07:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 06 2007,00:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">OK...steve, sorry, just trying to communicate with you on a more personal level.

You, Dan Moore, Lol, Totentanz, Quadancer, Old&amp;Grey, JoeMuscle, mikeynov, style, Lcars and a bunch of other guys have become almost like personal friends to me.</div>
Tis true. This forum seems to attract some great folks. Most helpful and down-to-earth forum I've ever frequented. Mean spiritedness is very rare here.

It never ceases to amaze me how much free time you lot are willing to give up to help others sort their training out. I suppose it all stems from a thankfulness to Bryan for sharing his ideas so readily and fits in well with the origianal 'spirit of the internet'.

What's really great is that if you train at home (or at a gym where most folks dance about!) you can still get motivated to go for PRs as you are likely going to post your results here. Lots of virtual back-slapping and &quot;well done&quot; messages are a great incentive to keep on pushing the poundages up esp. if they are from those lifters you have come to respect.</div>
Sometimes I get tempted to quit gaining and just cut down to 8% bodyfat and look like a tall, thin, defined GQ prettyboy...but then I remember all the promises I made to myself and the goals I have posted on the internet...Goals like reaching 210 lb.s, beefing up my arms to 16&quot;+ and squatting 500 lb.s. Posting on the forums makes me accountable for my written goals. Very motivating...get my ass back under the squat bar and keep eating shovelfuls of calorie-dense food!!! Forget about looking pretty, right now I need MASS!
mad.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 05 2007,19:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">OK...steve, sorry, just trying to communicate with you on a more personal level.

That's funny that most of the guys you mentioned have a pic of themselves in their avatar. Its funny how seeing that pic makes you feel like you know the person. I feel like I know guys like you(sci), quad, tot, joe etc. because you guys post so much, and you have a pic.

I might consider putting up a pic of my beautiful face and big muscles so y'all can get to know me too
biggrin.gif

btw is that o&amp;g in his avatar? I want to see the gunshow!

Can I wait till I've done a cut for a few months? I want to hone this 'ere bod into better shape now that I actually have something to hone! Just got to try and keep my strength up as best I can. Not enjoying it so far.

Oh what the hey. Here's a small pic from 21 Sept 2006. Now you can see why I need to cut - and I bulked for another 3 months after that pic was taken! Excuse that dumb ass grimace too.  
biggrin.gif

Lol_21_09_2006.jpg

You have to admit that my avatar is a pretty good likeness.

Uh... I'd rather wait until after I cut in the spring/summer as well. Wow, the picture in my avatar is almost two years old now. Hard to believe it's been that long since I found HST...

Anyway, nice PR sci. It's always an awesome feeling to pull more than you ever have before of the floor. I know how you feel about being tempted to cut. People come up and pinch my stomach, saying that I'm getting a bit chubby. It makes me want to cut down the fat... but they are only giving me such a hard time because they know how much work I put in. The way I look at it though is that cutting is a time when I'm not making any or very little progress with my weights, so it should only be done when absolutely necessary.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 08 2007,18:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">HAHAHAHA!!! We've ALL been wondering that!</div>
Nope, not him.

Who was the guy that played with Mary Tyler Moore and Ed Asner, he married the dingy broad on the show, that's O&amp;G's avatar, if I remember right.

Back