Beginner would like Answers

GuitarZan

Hi,

Ok, I am a complete beginner to anything exercise right now, (Weights, Cardio, and Nutrition). I would like to get up to speed on this stuff, but find a lot of stuff on this site confusing right now.

I started by going to exrx.net, and found a lot of helpful stuff there. Someone told me about this site so I came here and read a bunch of stuff. I feel after having looked at this for over a week now, that I have way more questions since coming here.

I am pretty much 6 0", and 203 pounds, really no muscle. I have a gut, slight "man tits" lol, and a big butt.

I don't even really know what I want to become. But I do know that I want to get into shape, and think that would maybe be the best thing to do before I decide what I want.

I would like to lose the fat I have now, but do not know how to go about doing this. I planned on doing weights and cardio (like HIIT, someone said this is a good way to do cardio).

I wanted to start the 20 month program that is on Bill Pearl's website, but he said not to change the way you eat at the start.

I have 2 books right now. One is "Getting Stronger" by Bill Pearl, and the other is called "Stretching" by someone name Anderson. I do not have any books on what to eat, and supplements and the like. Any recommendations? Again, I have no knowledge when it comes to what I should be eating when lifting weights and doing cardio.

That is all for now, but I am sure this thread will spark up a few more questions. By the way I am 19.

Thanks,

C.K.

Welcome to HST GuitarZan!

Since you are a beginner, fortunately anything you do right now as far a weight lifting and good nutrition is going to give you results. Plus you are 19 which is a bonus due to your metabolism.

Can you tell us what your normal diet and exercise was like before starting HST? No judgement -- it will just help us give you some suggestions about where to start.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking the first step
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I would like to lose the fat I have now, but do not know how to go about doing this.

Here's a good article to get you started (from FAQ)Diet and nutrition

and a post on decent food

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I planned on doing weights and cardio (like HIIT, someone said this is a good way to do cardio).

Are you planning on trying HST ??

You might want to start out with 30 min of "fast walking" to get you on your way.

Hi,

Thanks for some answers.

To Answer Elle's question, here is what I eat in a normal day (Remember I don't know the proper combo of carbs, fats, proteins, nutrients, foods, ect.):

Breakfast:

2 bowls of corn flakes, (no sugar, 1 sometimes 2% milk)

Snack at 10
wow.gif
0:

small yogurt container
Quaker Snack bar

Lunch:

Mr Noodles Package
Apple
Snack Bar

wow.gif
0 Snack:

1 Snack Bar

Supper:

Whatever I find in the fridge, right now enchilades that my mom made me. (And sometimes subway).

To Answer Mikes question:

I don't really know where to start. I may try HST in the future, but want to focus on getting in shape right now, as that is the first step for any out-of-shape beginner.

I was planning on starting the 20 month program that is on billpearl.com.

It is pretty simple to understand, and should get me good results, as long as I am eating the right foods, (Still learning about that).

Anyways, any other suggestions?

Thanks,

C.K.

Back