body fortress protein powder

need2eat

Little heads up.

I get this crap from wal-mart, thinking why not right, its priced right.

Mixes great.

Take a big old drink, not bad.

Swallow, holy hell, I keep getting this aftertaste that makes me think rubbing alcohol.  
mad.gif

Thank goodness its only 2.2lbs, but at this rate, the trash is gonna get it, before its gone.

Wont make that mistake again, back to familiar protein powder I go, what I get cheating on my old brand.....
tounge.gif

You'll have to do what I do with the Champion Nutrition chocolate paste I bought. Use one spoonful at a time mixed in with your good stuff and anything else that will hide the taste! (uhgface smiley)

I posted this over on BB.com and the few that posted seem to think Ive lost it, they love it.
rock.gif

Your onto something quadancer.
biggrin.gif

I swear though, Ive tried a few powders but the aftertaste this has takes the cake.

I went through several tubs of it. No problem with taste at all. I bought 6 lb tubs at Sam's club. Then, Sam's started carrying EAS instead, so now I'm buying 6 lb bags of it for about $5 more. I thought Body Fortress was alright. EAS tastes better though.

<div>
(etothepii @ Feb. 26 2007,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I went through several tubs of it. No problem with taste at all. I bought 6 lb tubs at Sam's club. Then, Sam's started carrying EAS instead, so now I'm buying 6 lb bags of it for about $5 more. I thought Body Fortress was alright. EAS tastes better though.</div>
I dont know how you feel about expired product but I know a site that has EAS protein for $10 for 5lbs.  
biggrin.gif

I bought two a while back, im kinda tired of it though, as soon as its gone, back to ON I go, well, after I choke down this body fortress crap.  
smile.gif

I can dig up the address if you want, just PM me.  They have other slightly expired products too.

Oh yeah, they dont screw you on shipping either, it was comparable to other companies that sent me product.  
smile.gif

Im not the most patient person on planet earth.

I went ahead and ordered 10 lbs bag of old faithful....gonna use that to cut the body fortress stuff.
biggrin.gif

etothepii

Hey man, you ever break your protein down into price per serving?  Just wondering what your paying for your sams club special.

I figured it up at 12 bux for 30 servings, for the bodyfortress, its .40 per serving.

I figured up the optimum nutrition that I get, its 48 bux plus five to ship, it still comes out to .34 per serving, that is a 10 lbs container but that comes out to a little over 9 bux saved every couple months and I dont have to go get it.  Its actually a little cheaper as the company I buy from has free shipping on 50 dollar orders, its not difficult to find something for a couple bux that I feel I could use, so in reality the powder is only 48 bux for 155 servings.

later

I have used Optimum Nutrition Whey for years. But saw the EAS stuff in the 6 pound bags at Sam's Club. I'm almost out of the O.N. stuff so I think I'm going to try the EAS stuff next and see how it tastes. I have been hesitant to try anything else because the O.N. stuff tastes so good. But if I can get an extra pound for a few dollars less and it tastes OK then all the better.

I used ON's over the summer, then went to some
EAS, then body fortress.....all Im gonna say is, IM back to ON's and dont plan on trying anthing else for a while.
biggrin.gif

I just tried the ON's vanilla, I said before I hate vanilla but apparently, the vanilla ice cream flavor isnt so bad.

<div>
(need2eat @ Mar. 02 2007,11:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just tried the ON's vanilla, I said before I hate vanilla but apparently, the vanilla ice cream flavor isnt so bad.</div>
That is all I have used for a long time. I get sick of chocolate after just a few days. But the vanilla I can use for a long time without it bothering me.

Does the EAS stuff have any funky after taste?

Not in my opinion.

It has a weaker chocolate taste, seems I really noticed the sugar substitute, cant really explain that.

It did take a couple servings to get used to it but I wouldnt hesitate to take it again, if it was on sale for half price.
biggrin.gif

i have been using Nectar Roadside Lemonade flavor. I love it, because i can mix it with just water, and it tastes great. The reason that i mix with water is simply because i do not drink milk.

Any ideas or opinions on that product?

<div>
(need2eat @ Mar. 02 2007,11:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">etothepii

Hey man, you ever break your protein down into price per serving?  Just wondering what your paying for your sams club special.

I figured it up at 12 bux for 30 servings, for the bodyfortress, its .40 per serving.

I figured up the optimum nutrition that I get, its 48 bux plus five to ship, it still comes out to .34 per serving, that is a 10 lbs container but that comes out to a little over 9 bux saved every couple months and I dont have to go get it.  Its actually a  little cheaper as the company I buy from has free shipping on 50 dollar orders, its not difficult to find something for a couple bux that I feel I could use, so in reality the powder is only 48 bux for 155 servings.

later</div>
My EAS is $26 for 90 servings. That works out to less than $29 per serving.

When I was buying Body Fortress, it was 88 servings for $20. That was $.23 per serving.

Runjor

If Im not mistaken, I was sent a free sample of that product, it did have a nice taste. Optimum nutrition mixes good in water and milk, if you ever wanna mix it up some.

etothepii

cool, I figured mine without shipping, as usually I get something that puts me in the free shipping catagory, it comes out to 30 cents/serving.....cant believe your paying $29 per serving for EAS, not worth it man.  
biggrin.gif

<div>
(need2eat @ Mar. 07 2007,08:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Runjor

If Im not mistaken, I was sent a free sample of that product, it did have a nice taste.  Optimum nutrition mixes good in water and milk, if you ever wanna mix it up some.

etothepii

cool, I figured mine without shipping, as usually I get something that puts me in the free shipping catagory, it comes out to 30 cents/serving.....cant believe your paying $29 per serving for EAS, not worth it man.  
biggrin.gif
</div>
Not worth it? Practically the same nutrient profile as every other whey out there, cheaper than most, and tastes fine! I see no down side.
tounge.gif

I think you missed your typo.

You put 29 dollars per serving.
wink.gif

Thats what I was referring too.
biggrin.gif

I should probably add, the body fortress mixed very well in liquid as well, probably a fine product, I just cant live with the chocolate, maybe one day I will stray and try the vanilla.

I use the body fortress and I don't mind the flavor with the vanilla or chocolate. I do prefer the vanilla. One scoop before and after my workout mixed with water and I am good to go. I do like the ON stuff but the body fortress is convenient since we are shopping at Walmart every week anyway.

Keystone

<div>
(need2eat @ Mar. 07 2007,10:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think you missed your typo.

You put 29 dollars per serving.  
wink.gif

Thats what I was referring too.  
biggrin.gif

I should probably add, the body fortress mixed very well in liquid as well, probably a fine product, I just cant live with the chocolate, maybe one day I will stray and try the vanilla.</div>
blush.gif

Oops!!

I didn't mind the Body Fortress. I liked vanilla a little better than the chocolate. Wife says I had Ccheese breath after drinking it. I'm pretty sure it was responsible for very smelly gas too. Since switching, that problem has disappeared.

Back